My new bike yall!

MechMike219

Local time
1:42 AM
Its back in black! New frame, new stem and bars. No lights cuz who needs to see? What else? Oh! Every bearing has been replaced, the headset, crank and wheels. All sealed SKF bearings and the headset has angular contact instead of the standard rollers.. The rear hub got the sealed conversion done also and thats about it.. sadly tho, last saturday while out misbehaving, i lost my air filter and some trash decided to go and tear up my reeds so.. its on the injured list until my Polini carbon fiber reeds come in. although i do have that open transfer 49mm motor around here i still havent messed with. maybe ill slap it on later and give yall an update on it..

Attachments

• 20230624_005212.jpg
    20230624_005212.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230624_011404.jpg
    20230624_011404.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 76
I love companies like SKF and NGK, so a higher quality of Chinesium. Contains way more metal.

Why did you put the head on backward. Plug angle should be toward the intake. Plus the thicker side gets more cooling.

And SKF is produced all over the world. Most bearings coming out of India, some still made in Germany, Indonesia, S. Korea, and Taiwan. Unfortunately, some are still made in China. I trust the rest of them, but I have never had good luck with the Chinese produced SKF bearings.

What sucks even more is the fact that Timken started outsourcing overseas too, so some of their stuff comes from the CCP as well. They were the last truly 100% American made bearing until being bought out by an investment firm.

I love companies like SKF and NGK, so a higher quality of Chinesium. Contains way more metal.

Why did you put the head on backward. Plug angle should be toward the intake. Plus the thicker side gets more cooling.
ok.. idk why everyone says this, but its not backwards and the plug isnt angled. it fires straight down into the chamber. also to be even more super technical, ive got indexing washers so i can point the electrode whichever way i want and it is pointed to the intake. but yeah, those heads are drilled straight into the center. and if the taller fins are in front then what cools the shorter side? exactly.. this way they all get cool together. im gonna use a stock angled head and run it backwards just to piss everyone off.. maybe even flip the whole jug around so the carb inlet gets direct air and the exhaust blows out the back like an extra propulsion system... watch :ROFLMAO:

i see why you think the plug is angled. the boot is crooked cuz of where i mounted the cdi.. it needs to go up about 1/2" to straighten the wire out.. i threw this thing together in about an hour.. "i hope everythings tight" turned into 52 in a 35 into "wheres my front brake lever? oh yeah, dual pull.." and then the sheriff said something about a noise complaint and have i seen or heard anyone on a dirtbike? me: NO 🙄 theyre still steady searching for that dirtbike tho. bless their hearts

ok.. idk why everyone says this, but its not backwards and the plug isnt angled. it fires straight down into the chamber. also to be even more super technical, ive got indexing washers so i can point the electrode whichever way i want and it is pointed to the intake. but yeah, those heads are drilled straight into the center. and if the taller fins are in front then what cools the shorter side? exactly.. this way they all get cool together. im gonna use a stock angled head and run it backwards just to piss everyone off.. maybe even flip the whole jug around so the carb inlet gets direct air and the exhaust blows out the back like an extra propulsion system... watch :ROFLMAO:
I thought the head was on correctly. It looks sick, where did you get the head?

if the taller fins are in front then what cools the shorter side?
You WANT to have the front exhaust port side to be cooler, the intake side doesn't get near as hot as the exhaust side does...The fuel and oil flowing into the intake actually keeps the intake end of things cool

Back