My stretch cruisers

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by bbb, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bbb

bbb Member

Updated pics of the latest obsession...chrome bike is electric front wheel hub (Wilderness Energy)...(has reflective tires/1 pic has no flash)...orange one is 2 stroke friction drive (Dimension Edge)...blackcherry still only pedal power...waiting on EZ Bike?

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      90.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      96.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      124.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      132.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      93 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      134.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      123 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      83 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      99.6 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      80.8 KB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      91.1 KB
      Views:
    • 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      159.6 KB
      Views:
    • 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      File size:
      175.3 KB
      Views:

2. bbb

bbb Member

Still can't make an album...not all that computer savy. NEVER MIND...i figured it out.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Awesome collection! Id like to ride all of them. Im really diggin the stretch look on a bicycle lately. There more comfortable to ride than one would think. Keep it up!

4. bbb

bbb Member

At first i thought i would do 1 stretch and then some normal cruisers...but now i wonder...response on the street is unbelievable.

5. Did you have to make custom parts for the Dimension Edge friction drive? ...Or did it come with everything you needed?

6. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

I'm liking the orange one; clean and uncluttered looking. Good job(s)!
    WC

7. bbb

bbb Member

Pic #4 you can see (where the tape is)...i trimmed the square corner of the bracket to make room for the bike frame...also can see it on pic #7...other than that 1 small mod everything fit...used their spoiler chopper kit with longer cables (ask for Mac in the shop...i called and talked to him) and upgraded to their urethane rollers.
    We still have snow (MELTING) and wet messy roads so i have just run it around the parking lot at work to get a feel for it...i think i got the roller to tite into the tire cuz it had less power than i thought ( it has only run for 5 min and mixed it a little strong on oil for break-in)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  8. I see. That's a clever design, no need for a rack, and the center of gravity is low. I assume it uses a centrifugal clutch?

That looks like a rather large diameter roller, maybe you need a smaller one.

9. bbb

bbb Member

Yeah...i figured i should try the smaller roller but i want to try it again with the roller set a bit looser 1st...we still got snow up here so not sure when that will happen.