My Ugly Beast

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by DeusIgnis, Oct 21, 2008.

1. DeusIgnis

DeusIgnis New Member

Here is my first atempt at a motor powered bike.

Been riding it for about 9 months now. do ~80 km a week on it.

I believe that pretty much everything on the bike and engine has broken at some point. (Both chains, accelerator cable, clutch arm, brake cables, chain tensioner, 1 front wheel, 3 rear, kill switch, rack, lost baffle, and more) Some things have been my fault, some the bike, some the engine.

Nothing has broken in last 3 or 4 months though and here it is in its current state.

I know it aint the prettiest thing, but well the bike cost me a 6 pack of beer....

Box on the back is custom built to fit a carton of beer in.

Plan on getting new bike/engine and starting fresh again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

you are a better man than me, gunga din.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

after some CLOSE INSPECTION of the pictures of your MB

to be very HONEST with you --- I must agree --- not the PRETTIEST MB

but -- it's getting the MB job done -- two wheels, engine running and it's time to --

4. DeusIgnis

DeusIgnis New Member

This was day after putting engine on
    was having clutch slipping issue at the time as you may guess

After running into car coming out of blind driveway

Mounting bolt snapping

When i first attached the box (note the super flimsy rack, ended up snapping and going through the wheel in a drunken dinking incident)

Rear wheel after my chain tensioner came loose when i was doin about 45kmh and went into wheel, every spoke on the right hand side ripped and and derailer got destroyed

Box in action before i painted it.

I love this bike :D
  5. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Yeah don't hose this bike that has been thru all this with you! I had the same problems with Motoschwinn I. When things settle down for a few months, they settle down. Keep this bike, good Karma!
  6. terrence

terrence Member

Yes your bikes beautiful in a ugly kind of way. :shock: I realy perked up when I read about the rear rack modified to carry a case of beer. On second thought, that bikes just plain beautiful.....
  7. DeusIgnis

DeusIgnis New Member

O i will defintatly keep it, and now that i have stumbled upon this great community i can hopefully get some ideas on what i can do with it to get that little more out of it, ****, i already have.

It will always be my Beer Mobile

a friend even registered the domain for me...