Engine Trouble Mysterious Starting Issue + Bogs at WOT

Look on the barrel of the carburetor. If it says bofeng then it's obviously a bofeng. If not it's probably the NT. If you post some pictures of your carby we can help you identify it

You definitely have alot of excess oil in there. Use some carb clean to get the majority off. Run some seafoam or som marvels mystery oil and it should clean the cylinder.

You plug definitely looks like it is running rich, do you know how to adjust the carburetor needle for the run mixture?
You mean the c-clip, there's 5 levels to it, right? (See image)
It's currently on the leaner setting. If this is not what you mean, please tell me how to adjust it.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 87
I would imagine the entire pipe but the part I was talking about is the other end. Where it bolts to the exhaust port. Chunks of dry solid mess.

If the engine problem was in my hands I’d do it exactly as I wrote above and not cut any corners. It’s not that much work and very little cost. It could very well put you back on track to running well.

These could help you decide where your needle needs to be

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Spark plug color chart.jpg
    Spark plug color chart.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 80
Ok - here are some pics of the carburator.
20230629_184031.jpg

20230629_184041.jpg

Ironically, its brand is "Runwell". I removed the red part.
So, the general consensus is not to consider rejetting the carb, right?

We are assuming that this was all the doing of excessive oil in the fuel, if I understand correctly

Ok - here are some pics of the carburator.
View attachment 194494
View attachment 194495
Ironically, its brand is "Runwell". I removed the red part.
So, the general consensus is not to consider rejetting the carb, right?

We are assuming that this was all the doing of excessive oil in the fuel, if I understand correctly
Maybe yes, maybe no. No telling by just dumping oil in the tank and adding fuel.

The plug shows lean, that's fuel to the engine not oil/fuel ratio. Move the c-clip to center and try again.

That's just an NT carb.

Back