Need Wiring Instructions for Whizzer Tach

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by go-rebels, Feb 7, 2009.

1. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

Hello All,

I understand that the supplied wiring instructions for the optional Whizzer Tach (new model) are not correct for my '05 NE5 bike. I imagine they were written for the earlier WC1 and never updated.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

- Rick

2. ren

ren Guest

I have an '07 NE5 that I put the optional Whizzer tach on. Followed the instructions that came with the tach and had no problems with installation. Still have the instructions. If their the right ones for your bike and I can figure out how to post them, your in business. Let me know.

3. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

Thanks Randy,

Since you had no problems, I'll try to give it a shot this week. My instructions are two pages and look to have been printed out on an inkjet printer.
  4. frenchlayer

frenchlayer Member

I too have a tach, and an 05 ne5. There are many wires and connectors coming from the tach, but no open connections on the whizzer. I would like to see these directions as well:grin5:
  5. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

PM me with your email and I'll scan and send you a copy.
  6. ren

ren Guest

Whizzer tach installation instructions

Here are the instructions that came with my tach that I installed on my '07 NE5. I followed them by the letter and had no problems. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

7. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

Yes, those are the ones I received with my tachometer. I'll try this weekend.

I see that the bike uses those "Lucas-style" connectors throughout. I'm sure that's why my headlight is intermittent. I'd just hate for my ignition to cut-out due to a poor electrical connection. Ever drive a 1960's/1970's MGB or Triumph?

Story goes that the British drink their beer warm because Lucas used to make the electronics for their refrigerators. Not surprising....
  8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Ah yes, Sir John Lucas, "Father of Darkness"...
  9. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

If anyone wants the original MS Word document for the tachometer, just email me and I will send it.

Have fun,
  10. frenchlayer

frenchlayer Member

Thanks a bunch Ren