Need Wiring Instructions for Whizzer Tach

go-rebels

Local time
5:30 AM
Hello All,

I understand that the supplied wiring instructions for the optional Whizzer Tach (new model) are not correct for my '05 NE5 bike. I imagine they were written for the earlier WC1 and never updated.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

- Rick

I understand that the supplied wiring instructions for the optional Whizzer Tach (new model) are not correct for my '05 NE5 bike. I imagine they were written for the earlier WC1 and never updated.

I have an '07 NE5 that I put the optional Whizzer tach on. Followed the instructions that came with the tach and had no problems with installation. Still have the instructions. If their the right ones for your bike and I can figure out how to post them, your in business. Let me know.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Since you had no problems, I'll try to give it a shot this week. My instructions are two pages and look to have been printed out on an inkjet printer.

I too have a tach, and an 05 ne5. There are many wires and connectors coming from the tach, but no open connections on the whizzer. I would like to see these directions as well:D

Whizzer tach installation instructions

Here are the instructions that came with my tach that I installed on my '07 NE5. I followed them by the letter and had no problems. Hope this helps.

Randy

Attachments

• tach1.jpg
    tach1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 849
  • tach2.jpg
    tach2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 712
  • tach3.jpg
    tach3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 693
Yes, those are the ones I received with my tachometer. I'll try this weekend.

I see that the bike uses those "Lucas-style" connectors throughout. I'm sure that's why my headlight is intermittent. I'd just hate for my ignition to cut-out due to a poor electrical connection. Ever drive a 1960's/1970's MGB or Triumph?

Story goes that the British drink their beer warm because Lucas used to make the electronics for their refrigerators. Not surprising....

Yes, those are the ones I received with my tachometer. I'll try this weekend.

I see that the bike uses those "Lucas-style" connectors throughout. I'm sure that's why my headlight is intermittent. I'd just hate for my ignition to cut-out due to a poor electrical connection. Ever drive a 1960's/1970's MGB or Triumph?

Story goes that the British drink their beer warm because Lucas used to make the electronics for their refrigerators. Not surprising....

Ah yes, Sir John Lucas, "Father of Darkness"...

Back