Nel Lusso 4 stroke 49cc clearance issues, crank and mount

I know that the wide pedal set for the ashtabula bottom bracket is still too narrow.
Was this something you realized after your last post? Im sort of perplexed as the Nel Lusso seems to be of the most commmon 4 stroke frames yet noone can tell me what mount or crankset to get.

Was this something you realized after your last post? Im sort of perplexed as the Nel Lusso seems to be of the most commmon 4 stroke frames yet noone can tell me what mount or crankset to get.
You need a 3 piece crankset because the widest one piece you can buy is still too narrow.

You need this.

How do you know that one specifically will fit into the Nel Lusso? One of these did come with the kit I got but it was not fitting in after I took out the stock crank set, it seemed to be too small when trying to fit it in. Ill try to get photos of me trying to fit it in soon.
Yes pictures will help.

How do you know that one specifically will fit into the Nel Lusso? One of these did come with the kit I got but it was not fitting in after I took out the stock crank set, it seemed to be too small when trying to fit it in. Ill try to get photos of me trying to fit it in soon.
You may need a 1>3 piece crank conversion kit.

1696370533470.png

Sidewinder and Cloaked imo you both are the best on this website, thanks so much. I am at the point where I am trying to figure if the sizing is right for all this, I been far from home due to work so can't take photos in the last weeks. I been trying to call Huffy but I can't get a human on the phone. I might just get the conversion kit so when I get home I can try. I think the stock huffy was a 3 piece, I don't even remember.

OK I GOT SOME PHOTOS!
0: The inner diameter of the bicycle's cylindrical shell (into which the pedal shaft fits and rotates) is 47 mm.
1 & 2: These are photos of the replacement pedal shaft with its associated parts
3: This a photo of the original huffy pedal shaft with its associated parts
4: This is a photo of the cylindrical shell (into which the pedal shaft inserts and rotates), showing the original bearing inserted in its original position in which the original pedal shaft fit and rotated.
5: This is the replacement pedal shaft showing its diameter to be 16 mm
6: This is the replacement pedal shaft inserted into the bicycle's cylindrical shell (in which the pedal shaft rotates). This replacement pedal shaft has an extended length so that the pedals will not impact the engine.

Here is the one I have in my bike. I will look for one that's a bit longer, but this should fit the nel lusso
Thanks, will have to sit down later and match this up with the measurements based in these photos later, thanks so much.

Attachments

• 0 shell measure.jpg
    0 shell measure.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 47
  • 3 orig.jpg
    3 orig.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 4 shell orig bearing.jpg
    4 shell orig bearing.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 5 replacement.jpg
    5 replacement.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 6 repl inserted.jpg
    6 repl inserted.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 39
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back