New ARMY theme Bike with Springer Chrome frame, Drum Brake hub, Accerra rear hub,

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Hot Dog Piggy Tails, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Milled 66cc SkyHawk GT5(B).040 head on an B edition (what I call'em) Angle fire jug and crank, Port matched, emptied exhaust to an expansion chamber, Suspended seat, its an all around good bike for someone ready to try motorized biking as an alternative transportation. Thats what I specialize in and I think I've just came up with my latest model..Oh its about 38 or 39#..Not heavy at all. .Very rigid and can wind'er up and ride relaxed.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010

2. imjakethesnake

imjakethesnake New Member

3. Thanks I just seen your Handle a bit ago. Love it.

Thanks again. I have a Friend out your way by the name of Ernest. Helped get him going. He's doing insane stuff with Electric/Hydrogen/Combustion has patents applied for. Genius.

4. perichbrothers

perichbrothers New Member

I like how you did away with the chain tensioner.
    Seems like its luck if the measurements are all right.
    TP

5. Know what if you have half links(415H) you can do it every time. even on most quick release you have room for adjustment.

However I do give the Customers a Chain tensioner even if I don't initially use it.

6. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

That is slick! LOVE it!

7. Its turned EVERY head its caught the eye of. Ha I love it. and thanks Ed. How the **** do you get away with that Hottie. Those require 700cc and an American bike don't they. HA HA! No Just kiddin' My Woman would Ki..Well you know. Oh and She puts Her a good run. I Better not forget that either is what She's saying in my head!

Oh Ed I finally got to port a Customers Tiger 70cc'er from LiveFast Motors That hop's up and moves like it means it almost like my Silver Eagle 66s' WOO HOO!

8. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Hottie bike? LOL! No, I run 26" X1.95" tires, I thought with my speeds, it'd be better to have some tire to absorb the bumps. These are about worn out now, going to order some Bontranger Hanks next :)

The shift kit is the key to the speed (plus some of the hop-up stuff)!

Of course, Julie is a hottie too!

Ed

9. So they've got that Shift kit figured out now? I've been in Buisness for three years

And have heard the stories of 60 miles and then certain failure of the freewheel. I heard there is another maker of the free wheel. Must really be working out well if you carry them?

10. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

The original FW did have issues. They offered the HD freewheel as an upgrade, and now the new kits inculde the HD model. My first standard FW lasted several hundred miles and went, the replacement went after about 100 miles. The HD has no problems yet, and is a much better piece.

11. Cost

How much would one cost me?

12. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

I'm not a vendor :) Sick bike parts has then for sale, I think Staton has some good ones too. They are $70 I think? You are going to make a shift kit bike?

13. imjakethesnake

imjakethesnake New Member

Have you noticed a difference in resistance with/without the chain tensioner? i can remove mine and the chain would clear just fine but i wasnt sure about removing it...

14. Hot Dog,

Did you use the Sturmey Archer hub and wheel from Husky bikes? I'm thinking of putting a drum brake on my bike but I was hoping to get a black wheel/hub. It seems that unless I paint the hub, it isn't going to happen. How do you like the drum brake? How does the springer front react with it?

thanks!

15. I build these sets 2 a week at speedstermotors

I own a shop out in Western Wa. and the Drum (electric X-FDD) BRAKE IS NOT A GRABBY TYPE ITS VERY CASUAL WITH ENOUGH STOPPING POWER TO USE DARN NEAR ON ITS OWN EVEN IT THE STICKIEST DOWN HILL BECAUSE IT JUST DOES'NT LOCK UP.
    I can build these and have them powder coated black. In fact I am doing just that. My last name is Roulette and I bought a 46' Whizzer to recondition to pass down to my Son Tucker Lee and it will have(Like the Roulette Wheel of modern day ) a double '0' of Two White Spokes Black and Red on all the other spokes but one Green SPoke(#1 in 3 cross from the Arm Side of theHub. Also It will be done on one of my neww Sturmey Archer Hubs Called the XLFDD(3 watt 90mm)Drum brake. Dillinger has been holding off on them but I made the First purchase from Our Hub Manufacturer!
    If youd Like one of these laced Up I can Certainly Help you out as Im a Dealer of this product and it is for safety.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  16. beast775

beast775 Guest

slick

very good build,i like it.:cool2:

17. Will Snow

Will Snow Member

Just had to add my 2 cents worth. I like the way you put your bike together, it's a clean neat looking bike. That's a bike that just about anyone would like. Thank you for taking the time to share it with the rest of us.

18. Thank your welcomeThank you Sir

I appreciate that you appreciate it Mr. Snow