New guy with an old bike.

notezbngreen

Local time
2:51 AM
Hi there. Well, with summer coming (you wouldn't know it today with the snow falling outside) I thought it was finally time to get at this project. When my Dad was 16 he bought a 1947 whizzer. He kept the bike, and over the years it just kept getting moved from one corner of the garage to the other. I lost Dad a few years ago to cancer, and so the whizzer came to me. I think it's about time to get it back up and running.

I usually have a number of projects going on at once in the summer. I work in the ski industry, so June, July, and August are pretty much play time. In the last few years I've built a bobber out of a Honda CB750, built a Jeep, and am currently working on a cafe racer. I've got a few things in mind for the whizzer.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way, and have already found some great info here. so glad you guys are here, what a great resource.

Cheers

Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

Back