New Member in Scottsdale Arizona

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rattlerviper, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rattlerviper

rattlerviper New Member

Not exactly new to Motorized bikes though. Bought a HT kit 4 months ago and boy has it been a wild ride. Breaking down alongside the road on a regular basis, carrying spare parts and a tool kit. Constant repairs and upkeep. I'm done with the HT motors.

Today I ordered a BMP friction drive kit and will be getting a honda, suburu or misubishi engine to go along with it. I need to have a certain amount of reliability.

I will admit the HT has been fun though. I don't consider it wasted mone because I know I like a motorized bike now and learned a lesson pretty cheaply.

2. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Sounds like your introduction to motored bikes was a wee bit rocky (but I think you had a good learning experience, tho.) So, welcome to the Forums here at MBc. You will find a lot of talent here. For what it is worth, I am partial to the Robin-Subaru 4-Stroke, EH035. I have mine mounted on a pretty heavy Delta Trike and it runs like a champ, and doesn't miss a stich.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome from FH :)
    if you ever get out this way,,,I am always looking for a riding partner ;)

4. rattlerviper

rattlerviper New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Bill me and my riding buddy don't make it out to fountain hills....The hill that leads up to it is scary...lol. I use to work at the Fry's at the top of that hill and rode a pedal bike there daily...13.7 miles each way. I can't imagine a motor making it up that hill....And I can't imagine pedaling a bike with a motor on it up that hill. Someday I am gonna have to give it a try though.

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first motorbike gave a lot of trouble. I enjoyed many long pedal rides on the path along the Indian Bend Wash when I lived in Arizona.