Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by scrappy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. scrappy

scrappy New Member

hi my name's scrappy and i joined this forum today. i just purchased a black on black columbia beach cruiser 26" and want to put a motor on it. i am a handy guy but have never worked with engines nor have i ever ridden a motorcycle. i thought i would purchase a bike motor kit somewhere on line and give it a try. i would like the bike to look like the first harley davidson from 1909 wich was really just a bicycle with a motor bolted to it's frame. i am looking forward to this project and if i can i will post pics.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing a pic of that motorized Columbia.
  3. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Need help, just ask... Your keeping good company here. Welcome to the board!

What area are you from?
  4. scrappy

scrappy New Member

long island
  5. machiasmort

Good deal, another NY'r. Wish you were in Buffalo so I'd have a ridding partner!

We've got a few Brother's out that way. You should edit your profile so they know your close! Did you order a motor yet?
  6. machiasmort

Under Networking in the left collumn, click on social groups, then click on North Eastern motored bikers! Put up a post to join!!!