Chains Newbie! Can't even tension chain!

If you do a search for Broken motor mount you will find several threads on the subject. Several different solutions to your problem, I wouldn't take them all as gospel, use your best judgement, not everyone on this site uses common sense, or gives good advice.

Seriously? I have to take the whole engine off. This is already a lot more work than planned and have only rode the bike for 10kms.
Going to have to get a friend around with tools to do it because I won't be able to do it.

Welcome to the world of motored bikes. There a lot of fun, and cheap transportation,there is also regular upkeep that has to be done. On the forum page there is a thread addressed to newbies with some very good information on how to keep your bike in safe operating condition. Tightening bolts on a regular basis is one of them, if the previous owner had taken care of your bike you wouldnt be going through this.

I am learning that very very quickly unfortunately.

There are no studs there, not even broken ones in the holes. I would assume that I can screw the studs into the holes then bolt the the clamps onto the bike frame.

I am learning that very very quickly unfortunately.

There are no studs there, not even broken ones in the holes. I would assume that I can screw the studs into the holes then bolt the the clamps onto the bike frame.
Yes, but there is a U shaped block that goes between the back of the engine and the seat post.

Yeah so I ended up going round to my dads, he has a few old motorised bikes laying around for parts. Managed to take the rear engine mount off with reasonable ease so will be putting it onto mine tomorrow :)

Back