Newbie intro

ecoplen

Local time
1:42 AM
Hey All,
I came across what I think is a Chinese 50cc 2 stroke that was previously used, but I do not have any history. My current plans are to put it on an older Raleigh steel framed 27" wheeled 10 speed.
I live in Atascadero, CA and have been mountain biking for 18 years. I figured that this would be a fun project to get into.
I am interested in this forum to get info on building up my bike and riding it around.
I work as a fisheries biologist and have been on fishing boats from the Bering Sea to San Diego.

Welcome to the forum. if you are determined to motorize a roadie bike, replace the handlebars with those from a cruiser or MTB.

Thanks for the welcome and concern. I already have a set of upright bars ready for the cause. I figured it would be much better to have an upright sitting position for vision and center of balance. I am not interested in making a good story.

Welcome from SoCal!
Beware of the skinny tires. They do not like high speed turns, or dirt in the roadway, or heaven forbid both at the same time.

I was thinking about that. I was hoping to find some sort wider or cyclocross style tire. The frame selection is not set in stone. I also have a MTB style frame that I was going to use before I got the Raleigh. Maybe I should single speed the Raleigh and sell it for way too much money like everybody else, or just fix it up for a vintage road bike. Thanks for looking out for my safety.

Back