Next Build - Tight Fit!

So I took a chance & ordered a Polaris Cruiser that was a good price to start with & 20% off too. After putting the frame in my bike stand today I was playing around with the 66cc HT engine & trying to figure out what I need to do to get it to fit. Turns out it won't be very difficult. I need to shave down the air filter cover, and I may shave down the front and/or rear mounts a bit if I have to. The throttle cable into the carb will come down right between the double bars below the top tube, and the sparkplug won't even be an issue at all. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get it all tied in.

Also, I was thinking about eliminating the rear engine mount all together. Has anyone ever do this? Anyone see any downside the just mounting the flat rear of the engine to the seatpost tube?

I did a lot of research on here today to make sure I do this right. Thanks to everyone here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So this is how it's gonna sit. It sits real cozy, but with just shaving a bit off the air filter it will work just fine.

The bike is pretty well made, and the colors are very nice. I was a bit disappointed that the decals are put we're put on before the clear coat, but I'm starting to like them now. Not everyone gets to ride around on a motorized Polaris bicycle! Ha

I wouldn't mount the rear mount without the mount block. WITHOUT the block it will slide back and forth, Throwing the chain out of alighnment. The engine can't be allowed to move AT ALL. You might try cutting down the block, BUT, I havent had much luck doing that, It Usually weakens and cracks. Cheap Chinese POS metal
fatdaddy.
I DO like yer bike though.
ANd some GREAT advice for ya, Get rid of the front fender before you kill yourself, Do a little research on it. I call it a FRONT FENDER SKI TRIP.

Thanks for the advice. I've already read about the horrors of front (and rear) fenders getting caught in the tires so I was going to leave the front off & see how the back feels once I put all the mounting hardware on. The rear one has 2 support brackets & connects to the frame at 2 places as well so it may be study enough.

I ended up putting the rear mounting spacer back on simply because the carb isn't going to fit without major modification to the air filter & housing. I don't want to do a shoddy job on it so I just ordered an offset intake manifold. That will be here Saturday.

What I was going to do for the rear mounting area was to remove the cupped aluminum spacer & put in the same kind of bracket that goes on the back side of the seatpost (just facing opposite). I figured that would make sure everything stayed centered. But now I don't have to guess.

Back