Ngk B6hs

Spark Plugs

OH MY GOD, When I started this thread I was only trying to help people out when trying to find what is the most recomended plug for the HT engine. I had NO IDEA it was gonna turn into all this. But I guess thats what this forum is all about. Different people have different ideas. And the free flow of information can never be a bad thing. I'll keep using the B6, and everyone else is free to use anything they want. If I was racing my bike I might try the B5. If I lived in the desert I might try the B7. But so far the B6 is working just fine for me. and I always say, If it ain't broke, keep on fixing it till it is broke.(just kidding). I think some people want to put too much science into what, for most people, is only a hobby. If you have found your "LIFETIME DREAM" in Motorized Bicycles, Then you SHOULD use all the science you can find. I just want a good running bike on a sunny day and the road all to myself. I guess that last part is too much to ask, But you get my meaning.
Big Red.

ha ha, just stirring the pot a little.
I personally use the b6hs in both of my engines and it works great in both of them.

running a b-6

i just got another bike running today. It came with a b-6. runs pretty well. I am going to swap it out with my e-3 for a real test. Maybe the b5 b7 idiot will buy all three and do a dyno test. Hope he gains at least a fifteenth of a horsepower.

B6

i just got another bike running today. It came with a b-6. runs pretty well. I am going to swap it out with my e-3 for a real test. Maybe the b5 b7 idiot will buy all three and do a dyno test. Hope he gains at least a fifteenth of a horsepower.

Now, Now DT, Just couse he don't agree is no reason to call him that,THINK it perhaps. But lets play nice with the rest of the kids.
Anyway, let me know how the e-3 works.
Big Red.

anybody

who thinks that one range of plug in a happy time motor is going to make any difference is an idiot. I have 40+ years working on motors and have had 1 spark plug problem related to heat range. We ran splitfire plugs in an old outboard and they run a wee bit hot. Had to remove them before they detonated the motor. They sure did not foul.
I have been running the e3-10 for a while now. This was in my first project bike which I have put about 30 miles on it. The bike starts easily and accelerates fine ,but at high speeds it seems to four stroke a bit. Not sure if plug related. Doubt it.
I am gonna put the e3 in my newest project and see how it runs as well as the b-5,6,7 in my old bike for comparison.
Its just like dino oil. They are all about the same.
I have plug rules too.
Champions for chryslers
bosch for german bred cars
motorcraft/autolights for fords
ngk/denso for japan / China motors
a/c for g.m.
Go with an engineered factory plug. never a problem.

Plugs

Yeah DT, you're right. I don't think your gonna see ANY difference in performance between the plugs. I also started rebuilding my Honda 50, almost every weekend, cause I'd blow out a piston or burn a valve, or something, When I was about 12 years old. Too young and stupid to just ride it, I had to ride it just as hard as I could. No money for a shop, so I had to learn how to fix it or leave it broke in the backyard.
Yer also right about going with the factory recomended plugs. The engineers at the factory's worked it all out on a computer and it's closer than you could ever "guess" at it. So unless you happen to have a million dollars worth of factory equipment to test it, I'd just take their word for it.
Big Red.

be thankful its not like the twenties again when you had to make em yourself with basically a rock...(mica) and guess everything... besides making the engine...

that goes some wy to explaining just why theres so many different shapes n sizes...

hows about an ngk ME8?

my first MB had a husquvarna brushcutter... at night you could see the plug glowing slightly blue from the combustion. mixture was spot on :D that thing hauled... i miss it :(

Back