Nos 49mm iron bore

Now, hear me out on this one. Since we are going all mad science/redneck speed shop with our ideas here I may as well toss out an idea if power is your goal. Forget nitrous.

Go Nitro. Aka, Nitromethane. You could even start "small" with some RC Car 2 stroke fuel, which is usually 20% Nitromethane. Get the jetting right (gotta go much richer), and if possible, adjust the igniton timing (non standard magneto required), and it can make a lot of power.

Drawback... it will probably melt your piston into a donut and the cylinder into a soft cheese, in a very short amount of time. Nitro 2 strokes don't have a long service life due to how much heat is generated.

Now, hear me out on this one. Since we are going all mad science/redneck speed shop with our ideas here I may as well toss out an idea if power is your goal. Forget nitrous.

Go Nitro. Aka, Nitromethane. You could even start "small" with some RC Car 2 stroke fuel, which is usually 20% Nitromethane. Get the jetting right (gotta go much richer), and if possible, adjust the igniton timing (non standard magneto required), and it can make a lot of power.

Drawback... it will probably melt your piston into a donut and the cylinder into a soft cheese, in a very short amount of time. Nitro 2 strokes don't have a long service life due to how much heat is generated.
I’ve watched two stroke stuffing for awhile I’ve seen him run his little motor off it didn’t think you could get it to run on cg any when you say non standard magneto do you mean one that’s programmable

I’ve watched two stroke stuffing for awhile I’ve seen him run his little motor off it didn’t think you could get it to run on cg any when you say non standard magneto do you mean one that’s programmable
Yep. Something you can program a timing curve into.

Yep. Something you can program a timing curve into.
Lol at that point go rdm case am6 build
Although I would like to see what it would take to put something else’s on Cg that’s on there to see if I can get something maybe more reliable but mostly more customizable

Nitropropane might be a better choice than nitromethane - nitrometh doesn't blend well with gasoline while nitroprop does. Afaik, they offer close to identical performance gains. @Karl Snarl has experience with nitropropane and might have some wisdom to offer on that stuff 😎

Back