O ring gasket?

I have a sense of humor..... You guys HI-JACKED his thread so bad.
Don't cry when it happens to your threads...... Just saying.
My bad, Idc if mine get hyjacked. Keeps the forum alive. Feel free to inject any humor you wish in my threads. I won't cry, I promise. for real. I'm cool with off topic on my threads, not being sarcastic or snide. an yeah we got off tangent. our bad, sorry. :)
Anyhow since the thread is already all over just a quick one..

I have an old microphone stand that looks like a bike stand they have at my local bike shop.. Has anyone heard of this or another way to make a cheap repair stand that can be adjusted to have the bike at literally any angle??
Just wondering cause I'm pretty sure I'm going to be giving it a try
I use a deer hoist. its like 15 bucks. and then just use lanyards to attach the bike. I hang it from a bar on the floor joists. My shop is in the basement.

Well, im sure someone is going to chime in with something, but as for me, the center stand that i use on my bike already is what i use to do any adjusting...if you just go back and see my pics again...havent needed anything fancy...DAMIEN

I have a shed full of bikes I plan to work on this winter and am looking to set a 8x12 shed up for working on bikes in my downtime so I would for sure benefit from a stand mounted in the shed

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a shed full of bikes I plan to work on this winter and am looking to set a 8x12 shed up for working on bikes in my downtime so I would for sure benefit from a stand mounted in the shed
you can use pipe hangers welded to some steel tube, hooked to pivots.

I can't draw, but basically a big T with a black pipe hand rail base bolted to the floor.

My bad, Idc if mine get hyjacked. Keeps the forum alive. Feel free to inject any humor you wish in my threads. I won't cry, I promise. for real. I'm cool with off topic on my threads, not being sarcastic or snide. an yeah we got off tangent. our bad, sorry. :)

I use a deer hoist. its like 15 bucks. and then just use lanyards to attach the bike. I hang it from a bar on the floor joists. My shop is in the basement.
Interesting idea- but you can't tilt the bike with a deer hoist I dont think - plus mine is free since I already have one. Not a big deal I'm just trying to put stuff together for a dedicated bike shed..

I do like the idea though. That could maybe even work for a cherry picker to pull car engines being that deer aren't light creatures

Interesting idea- but you can't tilt the bike with a deer hoist I dont think - plus mine is free since I already have one. Not a big deal I'm just trying to put stuff together for a dedicated bike shed..

I do like the idea though. That could maybe even work for a cherry picker to pull car engines being that deer aren't light creatures
you can spin it anyway ya want, and by how ya place the lanyards, is where it tilts too. i sit and spin the bikes to work on 'em. so much easier then standing and walking around everything. I don't even need to get up. beer at arms reach too. Got the idea from a passed member here.

the black pipe idea i just came up with. thought about parts I can acquire wholesale to make it.

Just in case a
you can spin it anyway ya want, and by how ya place the lanyards, is where it tilts too. i sit and spin the bikes to work on 'em. so much easier then standing and walking around everything. I don't even need to get up. beer at arms reach too. Got the idea from a passed member here.

the black pipe idea i just came up with. thought about parts I can acquire wholesale to make it.
Did you just say you were thinking about black pipe??

Just kidding around but I will for sure be looking into the deer hoist. If it can handle about 450lb maybe I can get a Nissan maxima back running and talk it into not spitting out gears and pieces of case every time I try to go above 40mph

Never buying another Nissan. I felt bad about it but it was about this time last year and I just needed a good on gas car quick. So that cost me 3k

Anyhow since the thread is already all over just a quick one..

I have an old microphone stand that looks like a bike stand they have at my local bike shop.. Has anyone heard of this or another way to make a cheap repair stand that can be adjusted to have the bike at literally any angle??
Just wondering cause I'm pretty sure I'm going to be giving it a try

The only DIY things I have heard of to work on a bike in the air is to use a bicycle hoist from the rafters in the garage Or straps from the rafters, hang a bike from a ladder or in a pinch to take your belt off and hang your bike from a low tree branch.

I have used a bike work stand when I was a Bicycle repair mechanic at Pearl Harbor HI. Their the best. If you can make one that's great
If you do make one out of this mic stand I sure hope you start a thread and share the invention with us (y) I would love to see that

If you don't want to build one.... Bike repair stand
I owned one and loved it.... It got melted down in my garage fire. :(

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back