Occ chopper rear wheel options

Jayjohnson

Local time
1:22 PM
I have the stock 20x41/4 rear wheel. Im wondering if anyone has experience with putting a 26 inch tire in its place.? And if I can get away with a 4 inch wide fat tire wheel.

I have the stock 20x41/4 rear wheel. Im wondering if anyone has experience with putting a 26 inch tire in its place.? And if I can get away with a 4 inch wide fat tire wheel.
If you want a 24" wheel on the rear you will need the adapter from pedal chopper, but if you want a BIGGER wheel, i suggest just taking your rim to a motorcycle shop and asking for a Dunlop D-402 130/90B-16 or D-MT90B16

From a OLD post showing the differences of the stock tyre and the Dunlops on the stock rim @GW's Motorized

XLChopper6-01-13036_zpsdee20d73.jpg

Do those mount up to the stock rim?
Yes. around here i get them free. ill go in and ask if they have any used ones they about to toss and they just hand them over. for a motorized bicycle a used(no hole) cycle tire HAS MORE then enough tread left :) but you COULD get a new one for 150$ and last you ....... until you foul up xD

Yes. around here i get them free. ill go in and ask if they have any used ones they about to toss and they just hand them over. for a motorized bicycle a used(no hole) cycle tire HAS MORE then enough tread left :) but you COULD get a new one for 150$ and last you ....... until you f up xD
Idk if I could do that cause the only brakes I have a front disc brakes. I’m leaning more towards 24 or 26 inch fat tire for the rear, I just don’t know if the 1/4 inch difference will have an effect when putting the wheel on

If you want a 24" wheel on the rear you will need the adapter from pedal chopper, but if you want a BIGGER wheel, i suggest just taking your rim to a motorcycle shop and asking for a Dunlop D-402 130/90B-16 or D-MT90B16
@DistantWolrld101 will them tires you mentioned fit any 20" fat bike wheel. Wonder if they offer anything in a dual sport tire that size. Thanks.

Idk if I could do that cause the only brakes I have a front disc brakes. I’m leaning more towards 24 or 26 inch fat tire for the rear, I just don’t know if the 1/4 inch difference will have an effect when putting the wheel on
You could get a rear disc brake hub and get the wheel built and tried at a bicycle shop. Adding a disc to the rear of an occ would be easy that way.

Back