Break In Oil leaking from sparkplug

Yeah I already have a ton of tools and I torqued it to 12, its actually coming out of the spark plug so im gonna wait a few days to see if it will seal by itself and if it doesn't ill use a different head.
New plug, hand tight and 1/8 of a turn to seal. Your old one probably has been torque down too hard to start with and won't seal anymore.

1629861065199.png
Its the head this engine has, I got the name mixed up.

So is it a high compression head? Also, you need to make sure your blown head gasket didn't damage the top of the cylinder. There is a chance of that if you ran it till it quit, or spit oil everywhere.

i dont think the head gaskets blown, i think its just the sparkplug.
You started with "I needed to tighten a head bolt down". Then the issue became the spark plug hole. Maybe your timing is too advanced, causing vibration, and needs to be retarded to make the vibrations less.

Yeah sorry about that, I thought it was a problem with the bolt but I ran it and oil was coming out of the sparkplug

Yeah sorry about that, I thought it was a problem with the bolt but I ran it and oil was coming out of the sparkplug
A blown head gasket with a running engine will make it run hotter, less air/fuel mix to burn. That, in turn, will make an engine run hotter. Using the stock 7cc head with a higher temp from too lean of a mix burning, might make the cast aluminum head warp. That might make the spark plug hole leak, becoming an oval instead of a circle.
Engine failure is rarely 1 thing going wrong. It is usually a cascade of effects (parts going out of tolerance) that could have been caught earlier on, with a trained ear or eye.

Dont worry bro, some of us( all of us real MB addicts) are a bit stubborn and head strong. We are only this way because we love chinese women, i mean our hobby/sport with passion. We only want the best for you. So of some of us come off as harsh, we're just grumpy arse holes. We love seeing happy endings......... An bike problems fixed. Thats a good head, but will not preform as you might think without some mods. Otherwise its great just for the added cooling. Listen to these guys, they want to see you posting pics of your tours on your bike/bikes. I do too. You'll butt heads now and then with some guys here, but for the most part they are all great guys. Sept damien, hes just a goofball with a sweet ride. 😆 jk

Back