Personal imports

Ludwig II

Local time
3:00 AM
Does anyone have experience of buying an engine directly from a Chinese source? I know different countries have different import rules, but I've seen a version of the old Saxonette hub motor from Xingtai Evergreen that absolutely matches the UK 1kw regs and I'd like to get my hands on one.

Xingtai don't do individual sales. I'm trying some of the dealers and traders on eVilbat to see if anyone will sell one to me. I am not holding my breath though. And I have a bid on a 4 stroke friction driver as well, but I expect it to go a lot higher before it ends.

I've made contact with a couple of mainland China companies that are listed as selling individual items on Alibaba.

Best so far is $US70 for a GX35 copy and $US110 for 10 day delivery. I'm now asking what the price is on the slow boat instead.

Anybody who is interested can get a quote for a GX35 engine from Todd Chan at this address: zimeidol@gmail.com

The price I now have from him is $70 for the motor and $70 for the slowboat carriage to the UK. When I order, I'l be asking for 2 separate invoices for the engine and the cariage, as here it will only be the engine liable for import duty, not the whole $140 (£87:01 UK) That means the engine is £43:50, 20% VAT makes it £52:06. Plus £43:50 = £95:71, so in at just under the ton, and you won't get that price anywhere here for a new engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back