Pictures of inside of spark plug connector???

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Keepthedrivetommy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Can anyone take a picture of what the inside of the spark plug connector is supposed to look like. I think mine got messed up because the little piece of metal that looks like a staple is not sitting properly, and I got a new spark plug, but the connector cap wont fit onto the new spark plug because of what seems to be this little staple thing. Im thinking I might have to just buy an new plug wire.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

try unscrewing the tip off your plug
    the staple grabs onto the threads on the end of plug

3. if the staple is loose and one end is wobbling around inside, shouldnt I get a new one then because it wont grip onto the spark plug threads as well?

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

use a pocket screwdriver and put the "staple" back where you want it...it does wobble around a bit until you make the connection...you'll feel and hear the wire-clip grip the threads just fine.

a second thought: if you've tried to force the cap down onto the screw-on fitting on the plug, there is a small chance you've damaged something...keep us posted.

5. The staple is gone now, And the new plug I put in worked wonders for my bike, but the cap doesnt want to stay down on the threads because the staple is gone. Is there anything I can put in there that will make it stay, or should I just order a new plug connector?

Thanks for all ur help guys.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

7. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

As Augie shows you it is cheap and easy to replace the whole plug cap and wire.
    If you have a mind to, you could put some silicon rubber around the plug base and push the cap down. Also make sure you put a wedge or a weight on it and let it cure at least overnight. This will also insure that no moisture will get under the plug.
    Doc