Piston doesn't move when spark plug is in

oscar_0

Local time
9:33 AM
I have a yd100 engine and when I peddle the piston moves only if the spark plug isn't in, when the spark plug is in and I peddle it barely even moves. Is the compression too high? And how can I fix this?

I haven't been able to start the engine yet.

I have a yd100 engine and when I peddle the piston moves only if the spark plug isn't in, when the spark plug is in and I peddle it barely even moves. Is the compression too high? And how can I fix this?

I haven't been able to start the engine yet.
Are you pulling in the clutch lever while your pedaling and then start to release the clutch lever once you are going at 8 MPH in order to start it???

You would be surprised how many people think your supposed to be pedaling with the clutch being fully engaged and then wonder why they can't pedal it to start it.

Are you pulling in the clutch lever while your pedaling and then start to release the clutch lever once you are going at 8 MPH in order to start it???

You would be surprised how many people think your supposed to be pedaling with the clutch being fully engaged and then wonder why they can't pedal it to start it.
I got a jackshaft kit so the piston doesn't move if I don't peddle, I tried riding it and I released the clutch and peddled but it wouldn't work.

I got a jackshaft kit so the piston doesn't move if I don't peddle, I tried riding it and I released the clutch and peddled but it wouldn't work.
Download a few pics of your build to see if anything obvious jumps out...Surprised to hear you have a jackshaft on a 2 stroke myself...lol.

Someone with experience with jackshafts and two strokes will hopefully be around soon enough to help you out with that along with the pics to help them to help you.

Download a few pics of your build to see if anything obvious jumps out...Surprised to hear you have a jackshaft on a 2 stroke myself...lol.

Someone with experience with jackshafts and two strokes will hopefully be around soon enough to help you out with that along with the pics to help them to help you.

Attachments

• IMG_20240326_142302.jpg
    IMG_20240326_142302.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 48
If the compression is too high how can I fix it?
I don't believe it has anything to do with too high a copression ratio unless you have done something radical to that motor to possibly cause that to occur...Best to wait for some of the guys that know the right questions to ask regarding your use of a jackshaft with that 2 stroke setup...I'm fairly certain that is where your problem may reside as it may all come down to a gear ratio situation.

You won't be able to pedal from a dead stop. You have to pull in the clutch and get it going a decent speed and then drop the clutch.

Back