Engine Trouble Possibly carb issue but not sure

I ended up getting convinced by two different motorized bike mechanics that I need a new cylinder so I bought one which changed almost absolutely nothing. Still no power and still not sure what it is. Next try is the rings or a whole new piston and rings

most often when a person not familiar with these has this much trouble, it is due to something simple that is being overlooked - find a mechanic in your area that is good with these & have him fix it while you watch & learn (I'd avoid the guys that thought it was cylinder right away without some testing first)

yeah and I'll bet he didn't plane the head to insure a good seal.
a leak there is much much worse than worn rings.

Planed before I put the new head. Now just planning to get a new piston and rings. If that fails, might look to get new bottom end but before that I guess I would try different new gaskets first. It shouldn't be and hasnt been this difficult to diagnosis in the 6+ years of Constanty riding motorized bikes. I have encountered my fair share of problems with them. This would make me think its a crank seal which it very well still might be but from the looks, only one looked like a possibility so I changed it to a seal that looked better but not new. All I had for the time being until I get new pair. Ill post results as the come. Onward and upward

I just got back after a test ride to see if the bike would work better after changing a few things and now it won't start at all. I checked for spark and its got the spark but wont start. I figured I would try putting a new base gasket and changing the piston with another old piston that I know was good as well as rechecked the head planing and put new intake gasket and now it feels like it has solid compression compared to before but just wouldn't start. Hmmm Done with it for the night but tomorrow will drain the carb and test by way of drain screw as suggested. I think it may be flooded too.

Back