Pull Start pull start on a stingray

Bernie T

Local time
4:05 AM
I need to know if i can put a pull start on a 2cycle without needing to put some kind of an extension on the pedal crank.I don't know if it will hit or not .I haven't ordered the engine yet.I may not even need it but I'm 80 years old and would rather have it running when i start out.Also can anyone recommend a good motor mount.
Thanks Bernie

I welded a pipe on the bottom bracket and used a longer bolt.Yes the crank will hit
the pull starter if you do not do something.

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Pull start

I bent an offset in the steel crank arm. It was easy, looks fine and I can't feel any differance when pedaling.

careful buying pull rope etart they break real easy they are really junk i honestly think you are wasting your time buying it but if you must you must i lost 30 dollars ordering one cause it broke on the second start on mine

thanks for the info. none of engines look that quality.all we can do is hope they last a while. maybe i'll pass on the pull start.
thanks

pull starterd

I have pull Starters on two of my bikes,I had to replace the rope on one.
After that I had no problem < rope was poor > the other one had a cable
and it broke,I replaced it with a brake cable and it ok now.Yes some of
the parts and hardwere are junk.:geek:

Pull start

Right now there are two pull starts available for the Ht engines. The standard and the Heavy Duty. Both have problems but the HD has less.

One of my bikes is setup in a way that it requires a pull start. over all I have had good luck with them. I made modifications to both models to make them more dependable. I posted the modifications here some where.
The pull start comes in handy if your bike stalls at a red light with cars behind you, as you can restart befor the light changes.

The most important thing is NEVER NEVER NEVER forget to hold the clutch in when you pull the starter. If you forget, it possiably could be a death sentance for your starter. Another good pratice is slightly pull the starter until you feel it engage then complete the pull.

Attachments

• abcd 013.JPG
    abcd 013.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 337
  • abcd 017.JPG
    abcd 017.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 267
  • abcd 016.JPG
    abcd 016.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Back