pz19 china carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

svejkovat

Local time
9:33 AM
Would anyone be able to share knowledge about the extremely common ebay and aliexpress and elsewhere aftermarket carbs. Appears as if they are 19mm outlet. But the veturi throat is smaller. What actual size. The pz19 is flage mounted, four stroke, with a fuel mix idle adjust nearest the output side. The pz19j, pz29jf, and other "j" varients are two stroke, spigot mounted, with an AIR mixture screw nearest the INTAKE side of the carb. Am i basically right here? Very much first hamd experience here with these carbs? There are dozens and dozens of listings for the pz19jf online. Often for the yamaha Jog, minarelli scooter, and polaris sportsman or predator 90 cc two stroke. The ....j seems to be the electric choke and the ....jf seems to be the manual. The photos look like nice basic carbs. Prices found from 14usd to 30usd shipped free. Ill post links if necessary but 14 to 16 dollar versions are easy to find inline search

ReJetting/tuning kits are also plentiful and cheap for these. Im surprised that google searches return so little first experience with these. The customer reviews on these carbs are reassuringly positive, but mostly because brief, and sales site reviews ought to be met with at least a little suspicion.

Attachments

• pz19jf-1-4__03084.1507136495.jpg
    pz19jf-1-4__03084.1507136495.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 269
Ive noticed, visually, that these "clones" appear to have smaller diameter round slides than the "genuine ones. Is this actually the case? The mikuni vm18 and the keihin 20mm look to have a MUCH larger diameter round slide than these pz clones. Is this perhaps where you " get what you pay for"?

I looked on fleabay, most are like ~16.50 shipped, and at least half of the jf's are electric choke, but that's ok. I'll try one out on a 55cc this Spring

The electric choke modes look like slightly different bodies than the manual. Im putting a 65cc airsal kit on a 1980 puch newport e50 and upgrading from the 15mm non tunable toy bing carb to a vm18 mikuni not from treats. Just for real fun to see how much bang can be had for the buck, id like to order a 15 dollar free ship pz19jf to see how it performs against the six times more expensive mikuni

For the 48 cc the Yamaha PW50 clone carb isn't too bad. Mine needed very little in changes, in fact the float is not adjustable, but is set perfect. I got mine from Amazon for $18.

I have a PZ clone carb and to be honest the quality is terrible. Castings are very thin and light, it actually feels cheaper than the stock NT.

I didn't care since I just needed one to get a throttle on a commercial engine that only had a small butterfly control on the carb, but I probably wouldn't want to have one for a bike that is ridden often.

I would spend a bit more on a VM18, or if you have port work and an expansion chamber an OKO 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back