Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of a billet spacer to fit between the head and manifold. Pointing the nipple at a 45 degree into the top of the spacer would keep the thickness down while providing the space for threads. Wouldn't having the nipple angled in also help it catch the back pulse even better? Lengthening the studs would be easy for most of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi quarkdude, its me Keith. Ive joined in. You guys have some great things to say and some really great ideas. I spoke with Augiedog earlier. You guys seam like a real close net and I think I could learn a few things from you guys. I spoke with thatdax.com and we are trying to work out something on the intakes as we speak. If i can purchase them from him then I will. We will pretap the intakes and offer them on our site. Although the metal intakes seam to be a popular item it maybe that the aluminum offer more meat for us to thread. If this is the case we may want to go with the aluminum intake. Any help finding other suppliers is appreciated. Also tell your friends, send pics.
hiya, keith!

well, guys...Mogyver's about as forum newb as it gets, & believe me, he tried very hard to figure it out...we were on the phone & i was trying to talk him thru this...there was mention of a baby in his other arm, and there may have been talk of a dirty diaper, too :eek: boy, talk about a work-at-home dad :LOL:

i'm sure glad my cel doesn't have smell-o-vision :rolleyes::LOL:

well, we survived the phone call, which i enjoyed btw, and this is close enough. keith, since the topic's been very much about you, and what brung ya in...

welcome to the MBc :cool:

and: i have a question about the boost-bottle. the answer may be here and i missed it, sorry if so. will a boost bottle have any effect on a diaphragm-carby's "draw" and why or why not?

I'm sure that's what it is,but the idle thing totally outweighs the benefits. I mean I'm simply not really peddling anymore.
Anyway,you can't see this in Picture 1 but that hose being close to the fins has actually melted some. Also the gas that's in there is stretching it out. Not too good,even with the zip tie clamp. Notice the new position of the boost bottle. This position is teh supafly.
Picture 2:
So off to the parts store for some bonafide fuel line and some clamps. It's also thicker,so the heat from the engine's not gonna affect it much.
Remember kids,place the nipple AWAY from the engine. Jot that down in your notes. The clamp to the boost bottle you really don't need but it's teh supafly so there.
Picture 3:
I rigged a serpentine belt to keep the hose away. Looking at the pic I see that it's still touching the fin so I placed another one one fin down. It clears it now,but it's so thick that I'm really not worried.

So I took it out and the choke is still not stopping the engine. Ah it's cool.
Anything extra you need to do to your bike when riding is okay in my book cause it gives your ride a certain character.
I love this mod,though. It's so smooth,man. So smooth.

Hey there its me, if your still having problems with your intake come visit us again. We finally got the intakes in predrilled for a easy install. I also finally got my first 70cc motorized bike build. I will post some pics later in this post. Havent even fired it up yet should be a blast.

I linked him to this thread. I'm sure he'll browse around....I bet he'll build one too. :D
I cant beleive you actually predicted Id make one. This is the first time Ive seen this post. :cool: Heres some pics. I just finished putting it together this afternoon. Havenet fired it up yet. Its got the intake drilled for the boost kit. You guys keep ordering these bottles, I cant afford to take one off the shelf to put on my bike. I should have more built in the next day or two. I got orders to fill first. Its a 21 speed mongoose mountain bike with a 70cc 2 stroke. I had some problems due to the oversized frame. When I tried using the special clamp included it caused my engine to sit to high. I ended up drilling the frame but it turned out nice I think. Heres some pics. by the way we have the intakes now for you guys predrilled with the fittings installed. Thanks again to everyone thats a believer and espeically to quarkdude for starting this post.

Attachments

• my-bike.jpg
    my-bike.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 480
  • my-bike_drilled-intake.jpg
    my-bike_drilled-intake.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 594
  • my-bike_location-of-boost-b.jpg
    my-bike_location-of-boost-b.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 497
I cant beleive you actually predicted Id make one. This is the first time Ive seen this post. :cool: Heres some pics. I just finished putting it together this afternoon. Havenet fired it up yet. Its got the intake drilled for the boost kit. You guys keep ordering these bottles, I cant afford to take one off the shelf to put on my bike. I should have more built in the next day or two. I got orders to fill first. Its a 21 speed mongoose mountain bike with a 70cc 2 stroke. I had some problems due to the oversized frame. When I tried using the special clamp included it caused my engine to sit to high. I ended up drilling the frame but it turned out nice I think. Heres some pics. by the way we have the intakes now for you guys predrilled with the fittings installed. Thanks again to everyone thats a believer and espeically to quarkdude for starting this post.

Looks nice...now for the road testing and fine tuning.

BTW...there are good addictions and bad addictions....THIS is a good addiction. :)

Just curious is there much difference in the size of the intake manifolds between the 50 cc and the 70-80cc. I just ordered a 70-80 cc intake for my dax 70 cc motor. The aluminum looks a lot smoother than the original steel

Just curious is there much difference in the size of the intake manifolds between the 50 cc and the 70-80cc. I just ordered a 70-80 cc intake for my dax 70 cc motor. The aluminum looks a lot smoother than the original steel

As far as i know their exactly the same and from what i hear most ppl prefer steel.I've got steel and i've got no complaints,but it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back