Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a 80cc kit from Powerking. I am interested in trying a boost bottle.
I am led to believe that the 80cc is really a 69.6cc or so. I need size to order correct boost bottle. Thanks.

I would try your supplier to see if they know exactly what the displacement is. I was told some of the kits are smaller than what they claim good idea to know for sure.:) good luck

I installed a 80cc kit from Powerking. I am interested in trying a boost bottle.
I am led to believe that the 80cc is really a 69.6cc or so. I need size to order correct boost bottle. Thanks.

It's 66cc (47mm bore x 38mm stroke) Confused? To help you make sense of it and to know what you are actually buying, use the following formula to calculate the correct engine capacity:
The volume of a cylinder is calculated by multiplying the area of the bore of the cylinder by the stroke. The bore area is calculated as follows:
Bore Area = Bore x Bore x pi / 4. (pi has a value of 3.14159)
It's easier to call it a 70cc but the dealers who call it an 80cc are just downright dishonest.

I finally got a response from Powerking and say the 80cc kit is really 69.3cc. Hope this is helpful to others.

I do not understand why boost bottles are not used in the racing circuit.

I ordered a boost bottle from boostbottle industries on august 10th and I haven't recieved an email or anything. I tried emailing them and asking what's up, but they still haven't responded.

Is there another email address that I can use besides the one they give you on they're site? Or a phone number?

I do not understand why boost bottles are not used in the racing circuit.

Answer - They were tried for a few years in 80's & 90's but with little success if any. You can read about the attempts out there, just Google "Yamaha Two stroke boost bottle" I guess I am the opposition to the technology. I built racing engines back in the day, and our bikes were faster than the ones with the boost assist all the way around. Some claim they work for these engines, but most of the criteria is not met on the installs I have seen. One odd thing is that it is claimed that the size of the bottle is supposed to be the same as the cc's for the engine, but if you see the one for a 250 Yamaha it is not close to the size of the cylinder! just an observation. Have fun, Dave

PS: The Split Fire plugs were supposed to increase HP But never did, just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bost bottle finally arrived, And installed !!

i Received my boost bottle from boostbottleindustries ( funny enough exactly a year after i installed my engine :D its my bike's first birthday ) and hope not the last :???:, till now only one test run but on the whole the end result is quite good. it idled fast at first and needed some major decrease in the idel screw postion but now that's ok.
still i have to configure the best air fuel mixture from the carb. can i have some suggestions on which slot on the needle it is best (i am nearly at sea level) since the boost bottle will helb in reducing rich mixture at lower rpm's.
10x for all your suggestions. here below are some pics (btw is the position of the boost bottle good as it is advised to be above the carb altough mine is still above the level of the carb.) 10x

Attachments

• IMG0013A.jpg
    IMG0013A.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG0014A.jpg
    IMG0014A.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG0016A.jpg
    IMG0016A.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG0017A.jpg
    IMG0017A.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG0018A.jpg
    IMG0018A.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG0019A.jpg
    IMG0019A.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG0020A.jpg
    IMG0020A.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by a moderator:
Boost bottle tuning

I had the same experience as you did with the idle speed - easy fix. For best performance on my scooter the carb needle clip is set second slot from top. I experimented with the main jet size and settled on .025 or a #72 drill. (unless you have a smaller than stock jet you will need to solder it up and re-drill it) I am very pleased with the performance the bottle provides. Improved lower end as well as mid range. I even picked up a couple of miles an hour at top end. :D(31 mph with 44 tooth sprocket) Have fun!

I finally got my boost bottle, and all I have to say is that it runs smooosh.
I do have a complaint though, if I pull in the clutch it takes a good 5-7 seconds to go back down to idle speed. Unless I slow down the engine with the clutch.

And the idle screw won't go any lower without losing my idle.

That's awesome it worked for you

i Received my boost bottle from boostbottleindustries ( funny enough exactly a year after i installed my engine :D its my bike's first birthday ) and hope not the last :???:, till now only one test run but on the whole the end result is quite good. it idled fast at first and needed some major decrease in the idel screw postion but now that's ok.
still i have to configure the best air fuel mixture from the carb. can i have some suggestions on which slot on the needle it is best (i am nearly at sea level) since the boost bottle will helb in reducing rich mixture at lower rpm's.
10x for all your suggestions. here below are some pics (btw is the position of the boost bottle good as it is advised to be above the carb altough mine is still above the level of the carb.) 10x

Hello SpeeDemonX,
I have been away from the forum for too long. I can't believe the views are up to the 19,000, Wow. I just read about your boost bottle install and it looks like you are seeing what I see on my bike - the effects of the boost bottle working. I too had to lower the idle on my carb when I first hooked up the bootle. I live at 5200 feet above sea level so my needle clip was placed at the second notch from the bottom and I soldered and redrilled my jet to compensate for the high altitude. My bike seems to pull on acceleration with the bottle installed, where without it, it didn't have that Pull feel.
Enjoy the new found power.
............quarkdude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back