Rear Sprocket size

So you're saying your engine was doing 7065 rpm at full throttle using 24" wheels. Then you put the engine and 44t sprocket on a bicycle using 26" wheels and the rpm dropped to 5797 rpm at full throttle. Giving you a loss of 1268 rpm at full throttle. Switching to 26" wheels and keeping the same speed would've ment your engine rpm dropped to 6522 rpm.

So one has to conclude the bike with 26" wheels has some of these other contributing factors: [is considerably heavier, wheel hubs aren't as good, maybe tires are wider, low air pressure in tubes, brake rub, wheel trueness, lower efficient pedal assist due to ratio/cadence etc] causing a 725 rpm loss.

So you're saying your engine was doing 7065 rpm at full throttle using 24" wheels. Then you put the engine on a bicycle using 26" wheels and the rpm dropped to 5797 rpm at full throttle. Giving you a loss of 1268 rpm at full throttle. Switching to 26" wheels and keeping the same speed would've ment your engine rpm would've dropped to 6522 rpm.

So one has to conclude the bike with 26" wheels has some of these other contributing factors: is considerably heavier, wheel hubs aren't as good, maybe tires are wider, low air pressure in tubes, brake rub, lower pedal assist etc causing a 725 rpm loss.
Your a ratio wizzard

I recently changed my rim size from 24 to 26 and i still have my 44 tooth rear sprocket and i have noticed i have a slight decrease in top speed should i switch to a larger 48t sprocket or smaller 36t sprocket? Will it make a difference?
Go to the 36 you will lose some lower end but gain top end, you can think of it like a pedal bike you go faster with the smaller rear gear but harder to pedal from the start vs bigger rear gear easy to start lower top end speed, also the 36 will lower your engine RPMs always a good thing . If you ride in a hilly area keep the 44

Go to the 36 you will lose some lower end but gain top end, you can think of it like a pedal bike you go faster with the smaller rear gear but harder to pedal from the start vs bigger rear gear easy to start lower top end speed, also the 36 will lower your engine RPMs always a good thing . If you ride in a hilly area keep the 44
Totally not true. The OP has to figure out on the current bike what is causing/fixing the additional load loss, other than simply changing tire size. Increasing the load by going to a 36t sprocket will only cause him to go slower. The closest thing he could've done that would be similar to changing wheel size from 24" to 26" would've been to change the 10t engine drive sprocket to an 11t on the 24" wheels bicycle.

With a pedal only bicycle all gears are capable of being pedaled comfortably at a cadence of 70-90. If a gear is too hard or too easy to comfortably maintain a cadence of 70-90 it means you're in the wrong gear or the force of gravity/wind has exceeded the variable ratio range.

My bet is still on slipping clutch.

I would think any engine can spool up a 44t to full wind on flat ground.
Very well could be the clutch wasn't properly adjusted for the slightly higher load. One could easily tell this for sure with a tachometer. If the engine rpm was still around 7000 but the speed had decreased by 5 KPH. This would suggest a clutch issue.

Back