Reed Valve Piston?

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by aceofspades, May 14, 2016.

1. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Ok so done a bunch of shit so far to my used bike. But I was rebuilding the top end and I broke a piston ring and the piston looks shitty.

Mz parts is near me and I have a $12 credit for a broken chain.

What is the difference between the standard piston and this one that accepts a reed valve

Its only $10 more and looks interesting.

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

if you don't have a reed valve that piston won't work for you. if you do have a reed valve, it wasn't doing anything with a stock piston
  3. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

How much is a reed valve. Can I set the engine up
    And order a reed valve?
  4. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Nvm already have a boost bottle I'll just stick with that and get an expansion chamber.
  5. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Is there any way to get both a boost bottle intake and a valve?
  6. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

No you can't. Well I suppose you could but really you should read up on both to understand what they do, how they do it, why they do it and why you would not want, need, or be able to use both at the same time. Use the search function and just do a bit of reading in the evenings since it's free to read the forums but all these engine parts are not. It will hopefully make your engine a little less mysterious.
  7. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Ok well could I just use it for now until i get a reed valve. I just don't want to have to take this engine apart again if I want to upgrade.
  8. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

If you put a reed valve on your bike I would recommend getting the piston, but if not it's no good for you
    A boost bottle does nothing for any HT engine
  9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You have wasted your money with the boost bottle, and gained absolutely nothing in the process, except for reducing the weeight of your wallet.
    gary55 and Rob H like this.