Reserve tank?

GW's Motorized

Local time
12:13 AM
I ran out of gas leaving the stop light on my way home and I had to walk my bike about a mile home. Thankfully it hasn't gotten too hot yet. I've been riding for about 2 weeks on half a tank and I knew I should have checked it.

This got me to thinking I should add a reserve tank to my bike, the only problem is where. My bike is pretty decked out with a rear rack and saddle bags, so i don't know where id put one. I was thinking of getting a spun aluminum fuel tank for a reserve and mounting it on the bike.

Get one of those stainless water bottles, and bungee it to your seat post. You only need a cup to get you to a filling station or home.

I ran out of gas leaving the stop light on my way home and I had to walk my bike about a mile home.
The walk of shame Gordy.

What???...Your show off, easy start electric starter button didn't help ya out???...lol...Oh thats right, no gas, no start...lol.

I'll bet you won't do that again...lol.

The walk of shame Gordy.

What???...Your show off, easy start electric starter button didn't help ya out???...lol...Oh thats right, no gas, no start...lol.

I'll bet you won't do that again...lol.
I've done it multiple times. I don't check my gas tank very often, so I should add a reserve tank to get me home 😅

I've made it a habit to refill my gas tank after every ride, now I know it's full before my next ride
I keep a 5 gal gas can in the garage. But when I get gas I only put 4 gal in it,
It's too heavy and hard to pour without spilling if I get 5 gals
4 gals get me around 300 miles, Then I go to the gas station and get 4 more gals

My Whizzer will get 125 MPG if I travel @ 25-30mph But that's no fun :LOL: I travel @ 40-50mph and now she gets 75 MPG
On long rides I know to find a gas station when it's been 50 miles, yes I got an odometer/speedometer

I've made it a habit to refill my gas tank after every ride, now I know it's full before my next ride
I keep a 5 gal gas can in the garage. But when I get gas I only put 4 gal in it,
It's too heavy and hard to pour without spilling if I get 5 gals
4 gals get me around 300 miles, Then I go to the gas station and get 4 more gals

My Whizzer will get 125 MPG if I travel @ 25-30mph But that's no fun :LOL: I travel @ 40-50mph and now she gets 75 MPG
On long rides I know to find a gas station when it's been 50 miles, yes I got an odometer/speedometer
What is the exact capacity of the NE5 tank?

Here's how I don't forget how much gas I have. It also holds 5 quarts.

1000003171.jpg
1000003168.jpg

Back