Run all your 12v lights on 1 battery

Jayraye39

Local time
1:54 AM
So I just recently built a tailight that would fit under the rear spoiler of my bike. I was previously using all 6voly lighting but my chasis lights were 12v. so i rebuilt all the lights and used 12v lighting.

I changed my somewhat bright headlight to a 12v vehichle holigen bulb. i paired the bulb with the housing of a vehicle led light that had a built in fan. this fan behind the bulb allows me to run this bright headlight and not melt the plastic reflective lens around the bulb. The bulb is fused at 15amp.

the chasis lights and the tail lights are all connected on the same circuit. That system is fused at 5amp. I ran my headlight, chasis light and taillights all to the same switch. which is just a jumper to connect all negative connections.

To power all this lighting i bought a $30 walmart everstart portable battery jumper with 600 cold crank amps. I wired everything directly to the battery terminals, bypassing the computer board. The battey is 14.8v and can power any 12v lighting you may have. On a full charge I can get 6 hours of lighting. even with the powerful vehichle headlight bulb.

Great buy if your looking to power alot of stuff or powerful stuff.
Screenshot_20231119_150751_Chrome.jpg
20231119_144043.jpg
20231119_144056.jpg
20231119_144128.jpg
20231119_144219.jpg

battery pack is good idea, as it has a built in charger. It adds bulk though. I have been using a lipo 6 amp 12 battery in Risky's Ride from the get go. I made as part of my extensive full wiring harness, an easy SAE connector to the system that I unplug and plug in the Lipo Charger.. Very clean and very efficient and the battery box with switch is about 4 inches cubed. That said, I am curious as to why you did not use an LED headlight and tail light that have their own builtin "heat sink" and are much more energy efficient than a halogen bulb I believe (Draw less current).

the taillight is just a 4in led strip that was from part of my entertainment center. it has multiple colors but just wired it for red. My headlight was LED a few times. the first one burned out from getting to hot inside the housing and the 2nd time i used led it just wast bright enough for me. I only used the halogen bulb cause its all I had in my garage. Its damn bright though just runs hot hence the mini fan and heatsink on the housing. I attatched the buld to the housing of one of the light in the picture. I will go back to led when this one craps out. just strapped for cash at the moment
81gLsf8vzHS.jpg

20231119_144056.jpg

put my bike up for sale. Or atleast entertaining offers. Got a offer of $2,000. which is what I probably would ask for it. But when I tried to reply to this person about the offer. I just couldnt find it in me to let it go. I think maybe because my dog just recently past away after 16years. He was always out in the garage with me while I worked on the bike. Since he is gone its almost like this bike is the next thing that I hold dear to my heart. Told the bidder it was sold.

View attachment 203734
put my bike up for sale. Or atleast entertaining offers. Got a offer of $2,000. which is what I probably would ask for it. But when I tried to reply to this person about the offer. I just couldnt find it in me to let it go. I think maybe because my dog just recently past away after 16years. He was always out in the garage with me while I worked on the bike. Since he is gone its almost like this bike is the next thing that I hold dear to my heart. Told the bidder it was sold.
How many bikes do you have? I assume you wouldn't sell your only one.

View attachment 203734
If your selling
I guess ya ran outta stuff to do to that bike so it's time to build the next creation

BTW sorry about your Dog, I love Dogs,

yeah doing a frame update. the main down tube has a crack in it from motor vibrations. gonna replace it with the bigger diameter tube and also I'm going to weld on a frame motor mount to keep vibration down

Back