safety check before riding

Toby woodman

Local time
7:06 PM
Okay, I have finished my Honda gx160 bike, I'm just waiting for a wider chain to fit the clutch (can you use #40 chain on a 415 sprocket, bearing in mind that the 415 sprocket is a machined one, which is slightly wider than the stock 44 tooth sprocket). I'm just looking for someone to look over some pictures before I go for a ride, I'm worried it could be slightly dangerous and would like someone more experienced to look out for anything obvious that could be a problem or suggest any advice before I ride it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4497.jpeg
    IMG_4497.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4499.jpeg
    IMG_4499.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 98
I'm moving this thread to the Four Stroke section of the forum instead of leaving it under General Discussion since you really need better help than I or many other 2 stroker builders could give you...You need the 4 stroker "experts" for this one...lol.

yeah, im planning to cut and reweld the exhaust at 90 degrees so it points backwards, and I will use an old plastic bucket bent using a heat gun for the chain guard, with a chain tensioner I think the chain should stay on alright.

yeah, im planning to cut and reweld the exhaust at 90 degrees so it points backwards, and I will use an old plastic bucket bent using a heat gun for the chain guard, with a chain tensioner I think the chain should stay on alright.
The bucket is a good idea. I had no idea a mb exhaust fits on those engines

Just judging from the pictures: lock the crank and position both pedals near the chain stays to use like pegs. You'd be in a crotch-rocket position. Put guards over the sprockets and clutch.

Back