Scale V12 adaptation

Hajuu

Local time
2:13 AM
Hey guys,

I was browsing the other day when I came across this video of a scale V12 motor currently in development

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutb7KgA9NM

This peaked my interest as it apparently puts out 6-8HP and is clearly pretty **** small compared with the two or 4 strokes we see being used in kits.

I don't know very much about V12's but it seems to me that itd be a very efficient way to go, and one of those rack mounted above the rear tyre would look pretty sweet :p

Thoughts?

-- Hajuu

Got a real lot of money?
I mean REAL lot. And only need to go down the street a block or so (no cooling system). Go for it.

it make that much power be cause it rev high, and i think it runs on nitromethane not regular gas
be expensive as **** to

I noticed that each cylinder has cooling fins, no water jacket, pump, and radiator.
Must be intended for an RC application.
Still, a V-12 MB would be awesome! Micargi stretch anyone?

Yeah it is air cooled for RC as far as I am aware.

The fuel would be expensive, the main thing I was thinking about is size.. the current systems are so **** bulky.

With the RC engines, there are people and companies that build multi-cylinder RC engines using parts from the single engines. So they don't quite make all the parts, just the central crankshaft and related pieces--but it is still impressive, anyway.

Also--to nitpick--I'd wonder if he made it on a CNC mill or a manual-control. "Making" parts on a CNC setup is largely a spectator sport.
~

Back