Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Bill Snow, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

First for sending a picture - not sure if this will work

Schwinn with 70cc

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

clean build.
    ya gotta love schwinn!!
  3. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

nice build, the gas tank is a bit different but looks kewl........
  4. jeffspeeder

jeffspeeder Guest

nice its beautiful. do you get alot of attention from rideing that cuz i never get left alone. but anyway that thing is sweet!!!
  5. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

Thank you for the nice comments.

I know the gas tank in front is popular, One of my Whizzers have the gas tank in the front like the Chinese engines do and it looks nice like many of the bikes on this forum.
    In my case I just wanted to keep the simple bicycle feel. However, with the roar of the engine a lot of that is lost, but it still add up to a lot of enjoyment.

Yes, like your bike, my bikes get a lot of attention also and for me that's part of the fun. I have seen pictures of your neat bike and can see why it is popular.

Bill Snow
  6. connoisseur

connoisseur Guest

what is that your using for a tank?
  7. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Yes, inquiring minds want to know where you got the tank. I want one to extend the capacity of my front tank. thanks!
  8. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

I would like to ask what size, make and model tires are on your schwinn? Also the fender width?

9. davidsis

davidsis Guest

How are the white walls holding up?
  10. That is a sweet bike. PROPS! gonna get any front brakes for that?
    ..My schwinn front end looks like yours. I'm kinda wondering myself how this is possible.
  11. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

Sorry, I have not been on this forum for some time and your questions have been neglected.

The tank is a whizzer tank.

The tires seem to hold up ok but I have not put that many miles on the bike.
  12. pokerhelper

pokerhelper New Member

13. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

So its a whizzer tank. Is there a supplier of the whizzer tank so I can buy one?
  14. Will Snow

Will Snow Member

I need to make some corrections to questions that were asked. I am very late with the right answers but would like to make it right just the same.

The gas tank was not a Whizzer tank as I stated, but from a of long ago kit called "MX-5" which has been discontinued for some time. One comment about the gas tank looking different than perhaps being mounted in front like a motorcycle or most motorbikes. I wanted to keep it looking more like a bicycle.

The spring fork is the old Schwinn very heavy steel fork that is no longer availabe either, but there are new light weight spring forks available that look nice.

Best Regards

Bill Snow
  15. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

A nice bike...
  16. flying ace

flying ace New Member

snow good call on not useing the peanut tank its got the 50s look very nice