schwinn-BIGGITY!!!HUGE-TIRES-A-MUST-SEE......need advice,first time build custom!!!!!

20140809_212442.jpg

Hey I need some advice on how to complete my bike build any help would be really appreciated!!!!!

I'm sorry, why are we calling this a custom build? Factory assembled bike and china girl kit, I see nothing custom about it.

Sorry did I ask for someone who thinks that there **** don't stink? N FYI!!!!!!!!!! it's custom if no one else has it...... or has seen it........ buddy u r a goof do u think I give a **** about what you think ? Unless your helping me I don't see a need for you to reply soooo go **** yourself then eh!!

Yeah ok buddy lol didn't ask if you cared what I thought, didn't ask if you wanted my opinion or not, and for YOUR information, you didn't ask for help with anything specific, so how are we supposed to know WHAT you need help with? Just because no one else has one does not make it custom. When you build a bike from the bare frame up with a non-kit engine and build your own wheels, then it's custom.

There are a couple of issues that I see so far.

1. Turn the head around to give the plug more clearance, and from you'll be able to make the engine more level. Your carb will thank you.

2. Chain alignment. With the engine mounted in the center of the frame you're not going to be lined up with the rear sprocket & the chain will be chewing the rear tire. You could get a shift kit (heavy duty) to solve this problem, or you could offset the engine to the left in order to align the sprocket.

3. BRAKES. This should be #1 on the list. Coaster brakes are not adequate for a monster like that. A front disc brake is what you need, and rear caliper brakes are a very good idea as well. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

4. Fitting the carb. If you go with a shift kit you'll need an offset intake manifold. If you offset the engine you may have enough room to use a stock or straight-shot manifold.

Good luck.

I thought the concept of the word "custom" meant building a product or device that required unique fabrication skills and was not mass produced on an assembly line.

If the bike is a factory assembled product, i also see nothing "custom" about it, though the fat bike tyres look great.

Also, this is a public forum, so it's open for everyone to express their opinion. It is a cool bike to motorize, and I hope you figure everything out. I just don't think of it as custom, sorry.

"mongoose beast" build

im also in the process of building a "custom" bike, here are some additional issues to look for;
the chain that comes in the kit is not long enough.
if you purchase the offset plate, the inside motor mounting bolts line up on the center of the down tube,
as well as the backbone.
unless you have a frame jig, welding experiance(boiler-maker) measuring and cutting tools,
basicly- unless u build a "custom" frame this project, will end up like many others...collecting dust, and you cant even sell it on ebay.
that said...
good luck!!:cool:

2 cents

The main issue i see here is the chain clearence from the tire and frame. That chinese happy kit chain will eat metal frames like a saw and eat fat tires well too. With this being said i would suggest looking into modifications and shifter kits. Extending the chain is easy if u have an extra chain like me sitting around. You can join the links and hammer them permanently like i did so u dont have to use a master link on your chain ever again or worrry about it coming apart. Also good idea to get a better tensioner for the chain for your setup or weld it to the frame permanently. Good Luck on your project...looking good

I can see the carby not fitting there is a bent manifold available so the carby clears the seat pole. can't see the chain. but you could make a jack shaft with two drive sprockets on the same side allowing you to move the chain out and down brining it all into line.

Back