Schwinn Stingray OCC Black/Chrome Custom Phantom 85 v3

• Thread starter Deleted member 35519
  • Start date
This bike is absolutely amazing to drive. Barely 10 miles on the motor thus far. About to upgrade clutch pads, spring and plate.

Custom stuffed Tannus Armor tires with slime tubes.

- 20" stingray rim with Specialized Silent Whisper tire.
- Custom built 13g spoked all steal rim front with Drum Brake Strumery Archer wheel hub (stops on the dime!)
- Salvaged chrome OEM parts.
- Phantom 85 v3
- 33t CDH Power Sprocket
- BBR Tuning Stage 2 CDI.

IMG_20240215_010545455.jpg
IMG_20240215_010559826.jpg

Ive been having issues with the chain tensioner situation and im currently working on a new solution.
Probably just gonna convert the front wheel to disc brake and delete the back brake
Thats exactally what i did. Best solution was deleting the brake read calipers since their not the most safe to use anyways and get in the way.

Best tensioner for this bike hands down are one of these. You will need to stop by a local Ace Hardware and upgrade all the bolts, nuts, washers etc hardware. I used blue threadlock and modified the bearing arm and arm used to attach the lever and spaced with washers that overlap the bearings of the wheel and bolt used to keep the level attached.

The wheel hub is a

Sturmey Archer XL-FD Front Drum Hub 36h​

I spent about $81.99, another 165 at the bike shop to have the experience builder 13g the spokes, and install to the rim. He did an amazing job. Drum brakes are incredible on bikes. I have two expense Felt Faker F-Zeros sitting in my apartment and the disc brakes wear FAST! After about the 300 miles on a Wildcat Ported pk80 I had to tighten the drum brake hardware again. Cable does slip off sometimes after very heavy use. This can easily be fixed with hose clamps and thread lock.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have that tensioner and it was working fine till the bolt that attached it let go lol.
I also replaced the wheel with a small sprocket

I also dig thos tank and its actually on a occ

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-18-04-30-09-95_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-18-04-30-09-95_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 21
A better angle

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-18-04-32-27-56_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-18-04-32-27-56_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thats exactally what i did. Best solution was deleting the brake read calipers since their not the most safe to use anyways and get in the way.

Best tensioner for this bike hands down are one of these. You will need to stop by a local Ace Hardware and upgrade all the bolts, nuts, washers etc hardware. I used blue threadlock and modified the bearing arm and arm used to attach the lever and spaced with washers that overlap the bearings of the wheel and bolt used to keep the level attached.

The wheel hub is a

Sturmey Archer XL-FD Front Drum Hub 36h​

I spent about $81.99, another 165 at the bike shop to have the experience builder 13g the spokes, and install to the rim. He did an amazing job. Drum brakes are incredible on bikes. I have two expense Felt Faker F-Zeros sitting in my apartment and the disc brakes wear FAST! After about the 300 miles on a Wildcat Ported pk80 I had to tighten the drum brake hardware again. Cable does slip off sometimes after very heavy use. This can easily be fixed with hose clamps and thread lock.
Im running a ported wildcat on mine now

Back