Sick Bike Parts New 21T Jackshaft Sprocket

Paul, can you give some thought of offering these sprockets as accessory items on the SickBikeParts website, for those people who want "no nancy-boy" serious pulling power !!!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?42904-The-Holy-Grail-of-Torque

The 8 speed variant will bolt strait onto the 8 speed cassettes you currently sell on the website.

Honestly, you can't afford not to have such an evil product (that's dripping with earth moving torque) on the website.

Pablo/Paul can you give some thought to making a perfectly concentric 10T engine output sprocket perfectly matched to a 410 BMX chain, to remove all vibration from the LHS chain? I'm sure concentricity matters a great deal more on such a short chain than it ever would on the basic singlespeed builds.

That idea has been ditched in favour of a much more desirable belt drive system.
SickBikeParts was looking into it, but the 'desire' to make it happen seems to have evaporated into thin air.

Hmm.. it seems illogical considering they made the 21T sprocket which is connected to the 10T. I think (a better 10T) it's a good idea and would certainly buy one.

Anyway.. another off topic idea: Do you think it's possible to hollow out the whole jackshaft? How long did it take to drill the small hole in your jackshaft, and how many drill bits did you get through?

Last edited:
It is very easy to hollow out the jackshaft, as it's made from soft mild steel.

I used my next door neighbour's lathe to drill the centre of my jackshaft (so i could tap a 5mm thread) for the disk chain guard.

I would purchase a (left hand side) belt drive system in a heartbeat if SickBikeParts made it available on their website, and offered a few different ratios.

It is very easy to hollow out the jackshaft, as it's made from soft mild steel.

I used my next door neighbour's lathe to drill the centre of my jackshaft (so i could tap a 5mm thread) for the disk chain guard.

That's very good news! Thanks Fabian. I have added that to my "to do" list. :) I think a hollow jackshaft will be "cool" and will make me feel happy.. oh yeah and reduce excess weight of course. :p

Pablo/Paul can you give some thought to making a perfectly concentric 10T engine output sprocket perfectly matched to a 410 BMX chain, to remove all vibration from the LHS chain? I'm sure concentricity matters a great deal more on such a short chain than it ever would on the basic singlespeed builds.

Don't think it's in the cards. Not even sure where the belt drive stuff came from.

You guys have to realize we need to build products that actually sell, or we won't be at it for long. Sure we could sell six or eight but 100's? Maybe.

Back