Silver Beast Hits The Road

Finished another one Saturday PM 3/8/08 80cc HT. Only put 2 miles on it. Too early to tell what bugs I need to work out. Special features are toggled kill switch from blue wire (not shorting magneto) Added front caliper brake. Added tail light, blinkers, brake light. (not professional quality, purchased from ebay. Work great though) 64 spoke wheels. Horn, 72 LED headlight. Wireless speedometer, mirror, clutch lever roller modification (designed by Large Filipino) bearing chain tensioner from dax. Quality plug wire and boot. 19 hrs. labor. 10th build, they get easier the more I do.

Please everyone, keep building and saturate the market to responsible riders. We need "power" in numbers. Its the way of the future. graucho

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 2,564
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1,662
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 1,350
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1,680
  • 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 1,537
Last edited:
Hate to be a burdon, but, how much more easier does the clutch lever have to be to pull it with a finger, I can pull mine and always do with the duel brake lever on the same side with it being stock with 1 finger. I don't know if i have mine set up just right or what , but it can't get any easier than the way i have it. Very smooth and easy being stock.

Please post this question with this thread, you will probably get a good responce.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8729

I never got it smooth like that before this mod. The wheel though really does make it go smooth. It's hard to explain,but you would notice a big difference with that mod.Also,I find my clutch cable isn't stressing so much and when you look at my recent mod,I'm using very little cable housing meaning I'm getting even less resistance.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=102228&postcount=24
It's cool that you got yours working good. I just never got it right myself.

This bike is a medium priced bike, but its very solid. Ive bought several bikes from bikebuyers.com and put HT engines on them. The cruisers ive purchased ive put front brakes on for added stoping power. If a person needs a high end bike, keep looking. But I try to keep my costs down to 400.00 for the total project including upgrades. Thats why ive purchesed here. Straight wheels, good welds, good bearings. No problems with shipping yet . (4bikes) O ya, I love looking at garage sales for them too. (50.00 max)

http://www.bikebuyers.com/cougar-gts-man.htm

Man am I glad to have bumped onto this thread. I bought the same bike, assembled it, took one hard look and wondered if an engine would fit at all. My kit should be here next week so the truth will out...lol

Nice job on the bike!

I have a question for you. I have the same exact bike you do, a Micargi GTS Cruiser, I have a kit from Revolutioncycles.us which I doubt is any different than Dax, I was going to buy from Dax but he's sold out. Anyway, I enlarged the hole in the rear 44T sprocket and when I go to mount the sprocket I find the bolt holes are aligned right on the hubs flange and on the base of the spokes. How did you get around this problem, I couldn't see from your pics well enough to see what you did.

Attachments

• DSC01317.JPG
    DSC01317.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01318.JPG
    DSC01318.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 223
Where to get bracket?

Groucho, did you make that bracket for the clutch mod, or is that available somewhere? That adds a lot to the build. First class Groucho! First class.

Don

Groucho, did you make that bracket for the clutch mod, or is that available somewhere? That adds a lot to the build. First class Groucho! First class.

Don

Thanks Don. I wish I could take credit for this orig mod but the credit goes to Large Filipino.
Here is the Orig thread. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8729
The material I used was just angled shelf material avaliable at home depot etc. The roller is a sliding door roller. Also avaliable at home depot. (I had to tear it apart to get the roller section seperated out) There is other peoples designs in this thread. All work good.
Thanks again.

Front mount?

How did you do your front engine mount? Did you do the hardware rig-up, or did you figure out a cleaner method. Someone offers a bracket on ebay for 10bucks, I wonder if anybody has any experience with that. It's basically a square "U" bracket.

I ordered the Cougar today. I'll call power king tomorrow and get another kit on the way.

This is addictive.

Back