Simple electric solution for GPS, cell phone and lights

The one thing that I thought about re the surplus motor that I linked to is that the shaft doesn't appear to stick out a long way. If you needed though, the face-plate appears to be very thick, it appears you could get at least half of that thickness milled off.

I might be able to get my landlord to weld an extension or just weld the sproket directly.
If anything goes wrong its a good deal price wise.
I think milling is expensive unless you know how to mill alluminum.
I'll go with it.
Im thinking from what you said about the battery to go with an acid battery because it can carry a good load. That lithium battery for a scooter probley only powers lights.
Thanks

As cool as another sprocket and chain on the sick bike parts jackshaft would look, I decided to mount the generator motor on the bob yak trailer floor. Then just friction drive the motor on the bob yak wheel. Then also have the battery on the trailer so I could ride my bike around without the generator. The trailer electric quick hook up will be fine to just snap it togethor and take off and go real far fishing vacation.
Thanks again for the help to Lou and this web site and proops to Sick Bike Parts and lastly GO TEAM HONDA

Due to my experience I tend not to type the entire setup for someone without as much experience.
If you decide to go this route please place a bearing and bracket on the ending side of the friction drive so the tension on the friction drive wont push on the brushes and wear the generator out.
Im also just using velcro for the mounting of the cigerete lighter hub and converter for easy removal when not using the trailer
Hope you enjoy it as much as I will too.

Back