small bike issues/questions

think anythings wrong with the throttle?
Before you do that, check and see just how loose those four top nuts on the engine head are...They are supposed to be re-torqued after every heat cycle once it is totally cooled with a Inch Pound Torque Wrench to 144 INCH pounds during the first 200 miles or so.

Before you do that, check and see just how loose those four top nuts on the engine head are...They are supposed to be re-torqued after every heat cycle once it is totally cooled with a Inch Pound Torque Wrench to 144 INCH pounds during the first 200 miles or so.
dont got a inch pound torque wrench, will just wrenching until tight work?😂

Just so you know, I am a born and raised Masshole from South Boston myself, (complete with the wise arse warped sense of humour), as I see that your from Holliston, Mass.

is it fine to full loosen them and redo them?
NO...Your trying to get that head and cylinder to eventually settle in, not undoing the whole thing evertime...Do you have any automotive type knowledge in working with either car engines or 2 cycle motors at all?

NO...Your trying to get that head and cylinder to eventually settle in, not undoing the whole thing evertime...Do you have any automotive type knowledge in working with either car engines or 2 cycle motors at all?
not really more or a normal bike guy such as mtb downhill and cc

not really more or a normal bike guy such as mtb downhill and cc
Then I guess your in for a real education then, your gonna need to learn and develop mechanical skills in order to keep these beasties running...lol.

Folks not inclined to be mechanical usually get frustrated after a while and drop out of this entirely.

These are not cars or motorcycles where you can go for 3 or 4 thousand miles before you need to do something to keep them happy, there is always something that needs maintenance on these bikes.

Then I guess your in for a real education then, your gonna need to learn and develop mechanical skills in order to keep these beasties running...lol.

Folks not inclined to be mechanical usually get frustrated after a while and drop out of this entirely.

These are not cars or motorcycles where you can go for 3 or 4 thousand miles before you need to do something to keep them happy, there is always something that needs maintenance on these bikes.
i built it from near scratch and it runs so im feeling fine 😅

Back