Spark Plug Issues

You need to keep in mind, Fabian, as we've pointed out in the past, that your case is an exception to the rule. (Buggered if I know why.)
Most of these engines would 4-stroke all of the time with a jet that size.

What colour is your plug?

jarz24, you can get a B6HS at any SCA or AutoOne store, or just about any other auto accessory dealer. No need to order off the web and pay additional postage.

You need to unscrew the top screw-cap off the new B6HS. Don't try to fit it without doing that or you'll possibly damage the clip in the plug cap.

You can also try to get the NGK BP6HS
The BP6HS is a B6HS with a projector nose plug tip.

I prefer the BP6HS as it moves the firing tip further away from the cylinder head wall, and to a more central location in the combustion chamber.

Fabian

Spsrk p,ug issues

Well thanks for letting me know, about the jet,I did put the bigger one that was for this new carb, the float level mad a big differance, it runs good, now my slide sticks sometimes, Im working on it now. Is a light tan colar plug all right. Oh ya I thought the 66cc stock jet was #70 and they said the new stile carb was a little biger, what ever that may be

New style carb has an 0.79mm, Alson. (Many of the older ones were, as you say, 0.7mm. A little lean. I think that they decided to go richer, but over-did it enormously.)

Fabian, how much further does the BP6HS extend into the combustion chamber than a B6HS?
The reason I ask is that with the RSE billet head, there's only 1.1mm clearance between piston and plug tang.
Do you reckon a BP6HS might hit? How much longer is it? I might need to be wary in the future.

Last edited:
Back