spark plug preventing movement

HadesBike05

Local time
4:26 AM
Hello everyone!
I am coming to the end of my first build and I am running into this issue and I have no clue what to do. My MB will roll forward wether or not the clutch is in but will not roll at all if the spark plug is in the engine. It just refuses to roll forward at all. I am not sure what to adjust or fix.
Has anyone run into this issue before?

I have never run this mb before I am just finishing initial build. No fuel has gone into the engine yet either. (not sure if relevant, just setting the stage)

often, a new clutch will be stuck from sitting in the crate - open the cover and see if the pressure plate moves out when you pull the lever - if so, and the clutch is still engaged, tap large gear gently with a hammer while open till it frees up

Nothing happens when I move the clutch lever. The mb will roll freely back and forth whether or not the clutch is engaged. It stops rolling when I put tge spark plug in. I think its two different issues happening at the same tine

I believe it was just jammed. I completly removed the plate n cleaned out some chewed up bits in there then I reatached everything. There was a certain tension needed but after when I put the spark plug back in rolled the mb forward the clutch engages and disengages well. (in case anyone else has this issue

good, you should read about adjusting cable & clutch to get that tension just right

I have been, n very enlightening. And I have confirmed spark, but the engine just wont start up. There is some air in the fuel line n when I press the primer on the carb the top half goes dry but the bottom half still has fuel. Im not sure if the fuel is even getting to the motor.
When I hit the primer sometimes fuel leaks out of the carb.
Should I dissemble and reassemble the carb? When I pull the throttle it doesnt seem to respond at all. If it is mounted wrong how will I know ehen I have it right?
Thanks for any tips.

fuel in line usually has air in it - if it moves when tickler button is pushed, it is OK

twisting throttle should move carb slide easily and letting it down should make a little clicking sound when slide hits bottom

Oh. Mine does not do that. I'll try adjusting it now. I twist n it moves the line a little bit but theres definetly no sound.

Back