Springer fork/w disk brake

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
Well I pulled the trigger and have a Monark II (arrived 5/3) , and then today got to thinking ( Happens all the time).
There is no hole in the lead fork for the fender mounting tab ! Do I drill a hole in my brand new Monark ? Recommendations ?
Trust me, I'm all ears.
Tom from Rubicon, WI

If I'm not mistaken the fender mounting hole should be in the bottom of the steerer tube that protrudes from the bottom of the head tube right?

Hello Moto,
That is a drain hole, the fender needs to be tied to the sprung fork.
New development, fork is not wide enough. There is interference with the brake disk and the steering fork leg.
Mind you I have no instructions. It appears I will have to flatten the leg of the steerer fork leg to make clearance.
Ideas? Experience? The wheel and hub assy. was purchased from Custom Motored Bicycles.com .
Maybe that is why Lynn uses drum brakes for most of her builds and maybe I shouldn't have wanted a springer.

image.jpeg
I'm putting my new electric build together and really wanting a springer fork with dusk brake. This is the next piece I need so very interested in how this goes. Anyone have any experience with the springer fork from gasbike? I'm looking for that old vintage look and the fork is what will make it. Have the frame, 48v-1000w motored hub, brown leather spring seat and grips, black cruiser bars, suspension spring seat post, white wall tires. Only need forks and front rim to match rear.

If I'm not mistaken the fender mounting hole should be in the bottom of the steerer tube that protrudes from the bottom of the head tube right?
Moto, over the weekend I did a google search and your post is correct as inconceivable as the setup is to my mind.
One thing caught my eye was an additional fender stay. I guess more travel from the springer rocker.

Moto, over the weekend I did a google search and your post is correct as inconceivable as the setup is to my mind.
One thing caught my eye was an additional fender stay. I guess more travel from the springer rocker.

I have a set of triple tree forks with the same mounting hole. I just figured it would be the same on about all forks. Glad you got it figured out.

How do I know what forks will fit sorry for noob question. When I did my last set up, I bought the frame and forks fr I'm same vendor at same time so my guess work was left out.
I really want a set of dual springer with disk brake mount.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

How do I know what forks will fit sorry for noob question. When I did my last set up, I bought the frame and forks fr I'm same vendor at same time so my guess work was left out.
I really want a set of dual springer with disk brake mount.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
It's a numbers game, the dimension inside the fork leg tubes has to be greater hub with disk. Also the screw heads mounting the disk need to clear.
I have found no width dimensions for disk wheel hubs or for any other type of wheel hub.
You will get flange dia., distance between axle nuts, ect..
In my case I live about thirty minutes from CustomMotoredBicycles.com . Lynn sells a built Sturmey Archer
XL-FD laced to a 26" X 2.125 chrome rim. What made me rethink my front brake was she uses drum brakes.
When asked why the preference? She said disk brakes have a tendency to squeal.
Tom

I have a set of triple tree forks with the same mounting hole. I just figured it would be the same on about all forks. Glad you got it figured out.
It's a numbers game, the dimension inside the fork leg tubes has to be greater hub with disk. Also the screw heads mounting the disk need to clear.
I have found no width dimensions for disk wheel hubs or for any other type of wheel hub.
You will get flange dia., distance between axle nuts, ect..
In my case I live about thirty minutes from CustomMotoredBicycles.com . Lynn sells a built Sturmey Archer
XL-FD laced to a 26" X 2.125 chrome rim. What made me rethink my front brake was she uses drum brakes.
When asked why the preference? She said disk brakes have a tendency to squeal.
Tom

Thanks.
I wS actually referring to if the forks will actually fit my frame. I ended up ordering 1 1/8 thread less sunlite dual springer forks. Once I get those and if fit then will figure out a correct size front rim to match rear. Other than that I only need to build the battery pack. Oh, ghost will be fun!