Starting new build. Total frame chop.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by lickerbox, May 13, 2013.

1. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

This is my frame modification I started today. Late 60's or so Huffy frame. Cut lower frame tubes from rear to stretch the hardtail. Adds about 2 inches to the wheel base. Next I cut front down tube from crank housing. . Then cut away the center seat tube brace. You could leave it to reattach when you get your frame how you want it, but I have different plans in mind when I find the engine I'm going to use.

Once I got some of my preliminary bends to get the stance that I wanted I added a mock bottom frame tube to get an idea of what it was going to come out as. Overall length of the frame will be stretched another 4 inches on the backbonetotal length of the bike will be in comparison yo a sportster frame. Hoping to keep a clean sleek look with an old school rat rod. Just ideas to ponder, I'll probably change my mind a dozen times before its done. Hope to keep updates posted as I finish the different phases off the process.

Attached Files:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

That long wheelbase should provide a nice smooth ride.

3. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

This builds gonna be off the chain!

Attached Files:

4. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

springer fork

Added my springer front end. Next is the frame stretch!

Attached Files:

5. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

Stretch Complete

Well I ended up stretching it 9 inches. After some prelim fitting, i decided to go from 8 to 9'', Due to my 6'3'' stature.I had to drop the tail another 1'' due to the stretch, but still pleased with it. Iam hoping to get the Engine ordered soon so i can get it fitted, and move ahead with other mods. I believe i am going with disc brakes, so ill probably be changing the forks yet again, but it will come later. I hope to be riding it here in a couple months.

Attached Files:

6. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

22" Apes

Added 22" Apes.

Attached Files:

7. kraznos

kraznos New Member

Frame stance looks really good.

8. lickerbox

lickerbox New Member

Frame tacked