Stingray bicycle build

I’m 5’11. The bike is a Raleigh 26 inch
I'm shrunk down to 5' 6" and ride a Hyper beach cruiser with 26" wheels with no problem, you got 5 inches on me...lol.

I also owned a classic Raleigh 26 inch 3 speed pedal bike that I bought back in the 1980s that I also had no problem reaching the pavement with my feet...lol.

I see you have your set raised, try lowering your seat to fit you on it properly...lol.

I'm shrunk down to 5' 6" and ride a Hyper beach cruiser with 26" wheels with no problem, you got 5 inches on me...lol.

I also owned a classic Raleigh 26 inch 3 speed pedal bike that I bought back in the 1980s that I also had no problem reaching the pavement with my feet...lol.

I see you have your set raised, try lowering your seat to fit you on it properly...lol.
My pants are 32 inch length so I’m not some oddball size lol. My seat is as low as it will go it has a shock built into the seat tube. I could put a shorter seat tube on it and loose the shock. I really don’t mind riding it the way it is but if I bought the phantom I would like to be lower to the ground and be more comfortable. I like the way some of the lower bikes look but I’m just not sure what to get and I don’t want to put out the money for a custom bike

Make a pattern template of your phantom 85 & see if your pattern fits in the triangle of the stingray bike. I'm betting it will fit.

My pants are 32 inch length so I’m not some oddball size lol. My seat is as low as it will go it has a shock built into the seat tube. I could put a shorter seat tube on it and loose the shock. I really don’t mind riding it the way it is but if I bought the phantom I would like to be lower to the ground and be more comfortable. I like the way some of the lower bikes look but I’m just not sure what to get and I don’t want to put out the money for a custom bike
I wear 30" long pants and I'm constantly stepping on my pant leg, it's just hard to find anything shorter in a 34" waist

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’m 5’11. The bike is a Raleigh 26 inch
I have a similar issue with Risky's Ride. I Lowered the seat as far as it will go (almost touching the tupe) and I can put one foot on the ground with leg over saddle and it is ok for stopping. This is the reason I replaced my 26 inch Whizzer wheels with Worksman 24.... I could not stop securely in the seat on that bike.

If you put a phantom 85 on a Stingray. You might want to think about a set of wheelie bars. Because I bet it's going to be a wheelie king!

Lmao sounds fun!!!

Back