Tandem Motorized Bicycle Project

Well, got the entire thing back together. Only part I am missing right now is the handlebar grips.

After spending a lot of time trying to get the rear wheel on there straight, I noticed that the frame was not as perfectly straight as I thought it was. I also noticed a bunch more frame imperfections while stripping and re-painting.

I thought about it for a while, and decided that this bike really isn't the best candidate for a motor. It rides ok, but I just don't think it is suitable for the additional stress and strain of having a motor. I will just hang onto it for pedal-rides along the beach.

However, now I am thinking of doing a full-suspension rack-mount project. I rode a full suspension bike with a GEBE on it at the rally last August and absolutely loved it. I am currently in the process of scouring Craigslist for an acceptable full suspension bike. Will start another thread with that project.

Attachments

• 100_2679.jpg
    100_2679.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 295
Its still going to be a cool bike just for cruising !!!!!!

We can never have enough bikes, and those mongooses from wallyworld pop up on craigslist here all the time for around $50-$75,

goodluck finding your new project VP...

Back