"The build of the shrunken Cranbrick", Part 1

Sgt. Howard

Local time
11:12 AM
Saw this thing in WalMart at clearance for $64 and couldn't resist- the foto doesn't show it too well, but this is a 24" set of wheels and a smaller frame than you are used to on a Cranny. Also found that RUSTOLEUM "Regal Red" is a PERFECT match for the frame!!! I am useing RUSTOLEUM white primer to start on bare metal for the tank. I learned that my hubmounts are TOO WIDE to fit inside these weels- hub's the right diameter but the flanges are too close! As it is, there were two prototype mounts that were partially finished when the Brewster Manufacturing order came in- I milled one down an finished it up for this project, that's the final image. This one will be well documented.
the Old Sgt.

Attachments

• March 235.jpg
    March 235.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 171
  • March 236.jpg
    March 236.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 140
  • March 237.jpg
    March 237.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 186
I've been looking for a 24 inch cruiser like that. Did you find them online? or just get lucky and happen to see them as a in store sale item? Tom

it was on the rack, marked down from $89 to $64... online store states "out of Stock" and I am to understand they might not carry them anymore. The China Trollop motor JUST fits into the frame... any tighter would require lube and a BIG hammer. This one will be a showpiece...
the Old Sgt.

I have seen the 24in Crannies. I thought about making a muscle bike out of it with apes, bananna seat, and all the usual gear.

Back