The 'Silver Surfer' GTS MB

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ArtemisJones, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ArtemisJones

ArtemisJones New Member

The 'Silver Surfer' is [nearly] finished! I still have some mechanical tuning, as well as mounting lights and gauges. I designed this, last fall and bought the parts over the winter. It was only recently that I carved out the time to do the project.

I started with rebuilding a 20 yr old GTS Mt bike; including a full frame rehab and polish. Then came the motor - high compression, ported/polished, reed valve, perf carb, CDI ignition, tuned expansion chamber and a SBP jackshaft. With 8 speeds, [gear cassette 11-34 tooth] I can do everything from mt trails to 'way too fast'. I am still breaking in the motor, so no gonzo blaze; as yet. A few days ago, I took it past a stationary police radar - 6th gear, mid RPM, had me going at 48 MPH. With the full suspension, it was as smooth as any small motorcycle.

Due to having such little time, I did not take many pics of the build.

One thing tho - my hands are happy this project is nearly done. I remember why I quite working in a machine shop; many years ago.....
    Silver Surfer sm-1.jpg

Silver Surfer sm-9.jpg Silver Surfer sm-10.jpg Silver Surfer sm-7.jpg Silver Surfer sm-8.jpg Silver Surfer sm-4.jpg Silver Surfer sm-5.jpg Silver Surfer sm-6.jpg Silver Surfer sm-3.jpg Silver Surfer sm-2.jpg Silver Surfer sm-1.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    FurryOnTheInside likes this.

2. 2old2learn

2old2learn Member

Nice build. Keep posting your results as you get it broken in
  3. JapanStunnaz

JapanStunnaz New Member

You went hard on this