This group should design there own bike from the ground up!

I thank a 2 stroke might be easier to make a V twin with. Either way it eill take alot of custom parts and alot of money
Maybe? But when you get to the casting of a cylinder head, either piston ported, rotary valved or reed valved, the process for casting and moulding can become an issue.

4 stroke barrels, with an off the shelf OHV head might be easier to make. A side valve engine might be even easier, with the possibility of weights comparable to a 2-stroke of the same size.

Where it gets tricky is, a 1000cc 2 stroke is a wild contraption, and punching the powerband on even a 125cc piston ported V twin is stuff of legend.

It is not unthinkable to make a design that could be used for both types.

A dry sump 4 stroke case as a pre unit lends itself easily to 2 stroke conversion. Much more than a wet sump unit design anyway...

I was looking at Princess Auto, (that is a Canadian Supplier of Chinese stuff like Harbour Freight), anyway they have 212 cc four strokes on sale for $140 CDN. Cheap like borche. How about a motor like this as a starting point although it is a heavy brute at 40 lbs.

I was looking at Princes Auto(that is a Canadian Suppliersof Chinese stuff like Harbour Freight) anyway they have 212 cc four strokes on sale for $140 CDN. Cheap like borche. How about a motor like this as a starting point although it is a heavy brute at 40 lbs.
A 212cc motorized bicycle won’t weigh near what even a 250 motorcycle weighs though.

A 212cc motorized bicycle won’t weigh near what even a 250 motorcycle weighs though.
Your right...lol...But a bicycle frame supporting that 40 pounds and bearing the torque and stress is also not built anywhere near to the standards that a 250cc motorcycle frame is built to either.

Your right...lol...But a bicycle frame supporting that 40 pounds and bearing the torque and stress is also not built anywhere near to the standards that a 250cc motorcycle frame is built to either.
That’s true, it also depends on the frame you’re using though. I wouldn’t put a 212 in a cranbrook for sure.

The old cranny sure is a comfy bike though.
I used to think my Cranny was really comfortable too, Until I sat on my Hyper, there was absolutely no comparison, Hyper is so much more comfortable and super steady and smooth through all speeds that the P-85 can take it to...Maybe because the Hyper has a longer wheelbase stance then the Cranny.

I was looking at Princess Auto, (that is a Canadian Supplier of Chinese stuff like Harbour Freight), anyway they have 212 cc four strokes on sale for $140 CDN. Cheap like borche. How about a motor like this as a starting point although it is a heavy brute at 40 lbs.
There are kits already available for the harbor freight 212 engine, but I went non-kit with mine.

Back