Engine Trouble TO MUCH COMPRESSION ???

Ghoster

Local time
1:37 PM
This is the bike from He*l,... i can't even make out who made it.
So, ya get peddling like crazy, dump the clutch and ya get catapulted over the handlebars
i have yet to ever get it started
Question; why or how does this little cc motor produce such high compression???

take out the spark plug and see if you can pedal the motor. if you can,

put the sparkplug back in, pedal up to speed (you need to get going pretty good, like 5-8mph or so)

then dump the clutch while continuing to pedal. The motor should run then.

if you can't, put some oil into the cylinder, see if that frees it up.

if you STILL cant, then take off the top end and see if the piston is installed correctly.

This is the bike from He*l,... i can't even make out who made it.
So, ya get peddling like crazy, dump the clutch and ya get catapulted over the handlebars
i have yet to ever get it started
Question; why or how does this little cc motor produce such high compression???
Welcome to motored bikes. Post a pic of your engine so we know how to advise.

Ok, i understand the 2 stroke...compression/fuel/spark= fire , what i'm trying to figure out is how does this motor have so much compression that it can stop foreword momentum on a dime when you dump the clutch, i can't find any identifying nemes/marks or numbers on that motor all i did find was the bike i.d on the bottom of the frame as follows; SNMT/TO4G00365

Ok, i understand the 2 stroke...compression/fuel/spark= fire , what i'm trying to figure out is how does this motor have so much compression that it can stop foreword momentum on a dime when you dump the clutch, i can't find any identifying nemes/marks or numbers on that motor all i did find was the bike i.d on the bottom of the frame as follows; SNMT/TO4G00365
Did you do as Mark20 suiggested?
take out the spark plug and see if you can pedal the motor. if you can,

put the sparkplug back in, pedal up to speed (you need to get going pretty good, like 5-8mph or so)

then dump the clutch while continuing to pedal. The motor should run then.

if you can't, put some oil into the cylinder, see if that frees it up.

if you STILL cant, then take off the top end and see if the piston is installed correctly.

I would really try marks thing about if it pedal with out plug, It needs oil which it probably the case. So take some of your mixture and shoot a couple ounces in the spark plug hole. Then leave plug out and clutch lever released push bike a little to mix it around. Then put plug back in and try starting it.

I would really try marks thing about if it pedal with out plug, It needs oil which it probably the case. So take some of your mixture and shoot a couple ounces in the spark plug hole. Then leave plug out and clutch lever released push bike a little to mix it around. Then put plug back in and try starting it.
If he puts more than a tiny shot in there he will hydraulic the cylinder. If he's just rolling it around to see if it will start, he doesn't need anything in the cylinder.

Back