Top 10 Bicycle Gas Motors

Ahh... the 440 Six Pack happytime... 0-300mph in 2 seconds :D

Personally I have to favour the GEBE/Stantons and anything using a commercial engine for their fit and forget factor...

I am tempted for a 4-stroke or 2 stroke framer just because of the look though and the way you can use the bikes prefitted transmission...

just my $0.02

Jemma xx

better late than never

"They say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays Satanic music. That's nothing. If you play it forward it installs Windows!"

Aaye..yeah./..thanks for that luv.:oops: That bit 10 years earlier might have saved me some.:(

:LOL::)

Namaste,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, on my next bike, I'm just gonna buy the Wal-Mart special
Full suspension. Front and back. Preferably with a least one disk brake. I was at wally mart today and their latest flavor of that was $139.
and put a 4 stroke rack mount on it.

Set it and forget it! (Those RonCo commercials get burnt into your brain)

No offense but my experience tells a different tale. Not to say it was **** the whole 3 yrs. Not counting the at least bi-weekly adjustments, I think it went 2 months once without an issue cropping up. And mine was set up as good as that system can be short of re-engineering it.

The stone wet road drive roller works better in theory than application. If it is not spinning on, not with, the PTO it's eating tire at 4 times the normal rate of the wood drive wheel. Or both. And I pedal plenty hard with the motor always. A keyed PTO shaft would help that system a long way.

And there is only one tire out there that will give you decent miles before it gets worn to the threads. And it was unavailable in the western hemisphere for 6 months last year. So I was going thru other tires of the closest design I could find like toilet paper.

Michael

I am not trying to start an arguement,,,, but friction drive has been on the market for many, many, years,, & is still available worldwide. Maybe , with your case,, you did have problems, but 1000's of others,, including myself have not. My tire will be replaced because of dry-rot [ it is 4-5 tears old ] before it is worn out. There is NO such thing as they perfect problem-free drive system.

Back